404 error when saving user lists

Avatar image for thefishofwisdom
thefishofwisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

After editing a list, clicking on save takes me to giantbomb.com/blah blah blah/list name/a number/"undefined" and pops up with a 404 error. The changes to the list don't appear when going back to that list.

Avatar image for thefishofwisdom
thefishofwisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By thefishofwisdom

EDIT: After poking around a bit more, it looks like appending items to the end of any list works, but trying to change the order of a list is what causes the error.

processrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Yup, getting this too. Strange that it only happens changing the order. Hope for a fix soon, my OCD needs it's fix :P

helios1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same thing here :(

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I have the problem with ordering lists as well! Initially there weren't even proper buttons, now there are but they don't respond to clicks at all. Also prior comments on lists still appear in the stats ("most commented" etc.) but aren't displayed in the actual list comment section. The latter thing is pretty minor, the former makes lists unusable at the moment.

I'm using Firfox in case that has to do with the problem.

DaBuddaDa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By DaBuddaDa

Same thing happening to me. I can't reorder a list without getting the 404 error after I hit submit. Firefox 18.0.2 here.

BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

I get the 404 error when trying to delete an item from a list while adding items to the end of it. Using Chrome.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By umdesch4

I'm still at the "got buttons but they don't click" phase of editing lists.

It sucks because I desperately need to remove Aliens: Colonial Marines from my anticipated games list ASAP! :P

PS. Also on Firefox 18.0.2

PPS. Tried the same thing on IE 10.0.9200.16439, and the buttons work on edit page, but clicking "Save my list" button results in "Problem occurred while processing submission" red banner at the top of the page.

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Will bug this

bundle85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

also having this problem

CelShader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Me too, Chrome.

RaiaNsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

404 error in Chrome

Problem occured while processing submission in IE

Retodon8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'm guessing everybody has this problem, but in case not: I have this problem as well. I also figured out adding new items works, adding custom descriptions works, but resorting doesn't (or rather the saving afterwards doesn't). The sorting buttons don't respond, nor does the delete button. Simply typing the number of the place you want an item doesn't seem to work, but it does make your item move as requested. Of course this us all moot until the saving part is fixed. Thanks in advance for fixing!

processrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still having this problem on my end, hopefully not just me! :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5abeb9715d7a2
deactivated-5abeb9715d7a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I have the same issue with Firefox 18 and IE 9. (Win 7 64-bit) The lists cannot be saved in IE, but the buttons (Up/down/remove) do work. Strangely enough Opera 12 does works with the lists far better than FF and IE are atm. The lists often save and the buttons work in it. Sadly, the site often screws up saving on the lists (especially the larger ones.)

Lists are the main reason I use this site, so it's been rather bothersome to be denied working lists like this. Hopefully, they get their act together in the coming week.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'm experiencing problems adding things to lists too, albeit not a 404 error. The site is allowing me to add items to the bottom of lists and then save, but if I try to change the position of an item within the list, when I click the Save List button, I get thrown to this page - a long-dead forum thread on the PlayStation Home page. The edits I've made to the list aren't saved, either. I'm using Google Chrome as my browser, Version 24.0.1312.57 m.

mariussmit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 4

I'm experiencing problems adding things to lists too, albeit not a 404 error. The site is allowing me to add items to the bottom of lists and then save, but if I try to change the position of an item within the list, when I click the Save List button, I get thrown to this page - a long-dead forum thread on the PlayStation Home page. The edits I've made to the list aren't saved, either. I'm using Google Chrome as my browser, Version 24.0.1312.57 m.

I get this too, but I'm taken to an old forum discussion of the release date for Fallout 3 instead.

Retodon8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can delete items from lists now, so I can remove games I've since acquired from my wish list. :)
Reordering doesn't work yet though, neither with the move-one-up/down buttons or by typing a number into the box.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By umdesch4

@retodon8 said:

I can delete items from lists now, so I can remove games I've since acquired from my wish list. :)

Reordering doesn't work yet though, neither with the move-one-up/down buttons or by typing a number into the box.

Really? Still not working for me. What browser are you doing this on?

processrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, only thing that dont work for me atm is reordering.
I'm using Chrome.

Retodon8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@umdesch4 said:

@retodon8 said:

Really? Still not working for me. What browser are you doing this on?

Sorry for the slow reply, first of all. I'm using Firefox, but I'm clicking the "Remove" button right now, and can't get it to work by clicking it any more. No clue why it worked before, maybe they're still tweaking things to get it fixed. I do remember I had to click multiple times before it worked last time.

Better news: I tried "Tab"bing through the up arrow and down arrow buttons, to the "Remove" button, and activating it with Space on my keyboard, and that works. :) (Tab, Shift + Tab, and Space, are common keyboard controls for navigating forms.) Saving the list updates it properly, so yeah, deleting items is in fact possible. Sorting items seems to work, but again after saving, you get the error page and the list didn't actually get saved. Deleting multiple items before saving might be equivalent to re-ordering, so that might not work, but I don't feel like testing. I'll just wait until it's fixed.

G24S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By G24S

It happens to me too. Please fix this asap, though I doubt it because the first post was over two weeks ago and nothing...

Kinokee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Yeah, a problem for me too. Firefox doesn't work at all for the lists and Chrome only works half the time when I try to change the order. Unfortunately it 404's when I try to save it anyway so trying to finally get the order right doesn't matter.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I am also unable to successfully alter a list. I'm encountering submission errors.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retodon8 said:

Better news: I tried "Tab"bing through the up arrow and down arrow buttons, to the "Remove" button, and activating it with Space on my keyboard, and that works. :) (Tab, Shift + Tab, and Space, are common keyboard controls for navigating forms.) Saving the list updates it properly, so yeah, deleting items is in fact possible.

Yes! That actually worked. Thanks for that tip, and I can't believe I didn't think of it myself! ;)