500: Internal Server Error when trying to log in

Chazman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chazman

Whenever i try to login on a different computer i get this error its really causing an issue because i can only watch premium videos at home on my desktop. id really like to be able to watch them on my laptop.

PLEASE HELP

Frobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I have exactly the same problem.

PLEASE HELP ME ALSO (thanks!)

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3 sweep  Moderator

Strangeness. Can you help our engineers out with some extra info:

• What browser are you using on each machine? Which version of each browser?
  • Which OS are you rocking on each?
  • Have you tried the boring clear your cache/turn it off and on again type stuff?

Thanks.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@_frobos: @thechazman: Ya, what sweep said, the more info provided the easier it is to debug. There might be an issue with your accounts though, and for that I'll be able to confirm tomorrow (It's midnight now).

Frobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Right, sorry for lack of details! I'm logged in with my laptop (Macbook Pro running Max OS X, browser is Chrome). Problem is when I try to login on my desktop (Win 7, recently upgraded to Win 10 with same problem, browser is Chrome).

I use Frobos to login to the website but my displayed account on the forums is _Frobos, don't know if that's part of the issue.

Thanks for looking into it!

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_frobos: Wait - so which username did you *want* to use. Having 2 usernames pointing to the same email is what's causing the issue.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thechazman: You also have the same issue, 2 usernames pointing to the same email. Which account did you want to keep?

Frobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: I'd prefer to keep Frobos (no underscore). However, if it means my billing stuff and posts/PM/lists history have to be reset, I'll stay with _Frobos (with underscore).

Thanks!

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frobos: Hey there, I've moved your account over to Frobos (disabling your old frobos account), and it has your forum and account history from _frobos. I sent you a password assistance email that will let you set your password, then you should be good! Please let me know. If you can't login for some reason, email me at joseph.slack[at]cbsinteractive.com

Chazman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Chazman

sorry i just got back to my pc i dont know why i would have 2 accounts

chazman is the one i would keep as long as it keeps my premium

@jslack

wcarle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@chazman: You should be good now, you'll log in with 'chazman' from now on. I sent you a password reset email too, follow the link in that email and you should be good. If for some reason you can't log in just email support@giantbomb.com and we'll sort you out

ffdthree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ffdthree

@jslack@wcarle So, I'm also having this issue, but I don't know if there is a second account associated with my email? my preferred account would be ffdthree if that's the case. Can you help me?