#1 Edited by Snail (8593 posts) -

I've done quite a bit of work on the Poker Night 2 page. By now I would have had about 400 points on it, but instead I have 46. This is a bit frustrating, because I like to have the pages I have spent the most time contributing to properly organized in my profile. This is particularly frustrating for this game, because now I most likely won't be able to personally select and apply a cover image for the page anytime soon.

The same happened to me with the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity page. I had exactly 1500 points on that page, and now I have 1144 again.

Is anyone else noticing this? I doubt that it's just me. Maybe the site is sad that Dave is leaving and decided to break. :(

#2 Edited by FLStyle (4649 posts) -

I can confirm that I used to have 1500 points on the Divekick page, then it dropped to around 1000.

#3 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

According this thread: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/profile-got-reset-to-an-earlier-date-1433775/#1

The server brought same data back from a previous date. That would explain the issue, you had 1144 points in that page, on a earlier date.

Eh, Dave fix this! Oh wait...

#4 Posted by ajamafalous (11942 posts) -

@sexytoad said:
Dave fix this! Oh wait...

:((((((((((

#5 Edited by Snail (8593 posts) -

@sexytoad said:

Rorie fix this? Alexis? Who do we yell at now?

#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7071 posts) -

@snail said:
@ajamafalous said:

@sexytoad said:

Rorie fix this? Alexis? Who do we yell at now?

I vote for Tony. Just to confuse him.

#7 Posted by peterpasinili007 (73 posts) -

Same here, my 4000 points turns to 700.

#8 Posted by Bollard (5399 posts) -
#9 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Are there advantages to accumulating wiki points?

#10 Edited by Snail (8593 posts) -
@officegamer said:

Are there advantages to accumulating wiki points?

Yes. Once you reach 1000 points in your profile you can bypass moderation, except when adding pages to the wiki. Once you pass 5000 points you are able to bypass all moderation, but you still won't be able to select cover images on pages. In order to apply a cover image to a page yourself, you need to have 1000 points credited to you in that same page - if you don't you can still request a header image be applied to a page here.

Also, I like having my wiki pages organized in my profile, with the first one being the one I spent the most time editing and/or put most content into. Now that is out of order and it kind of bothers me!

#11 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

Yep, same thing happened to me, with pages such as here (had over 700) and here (definitely had over 3300), just to name a few. However, this happened before and got fixed, so I'm confident all will be dandy as soon as someone gets a chance.

#12 Posted by MildMolasses (3218 posts) -

Hmm, I just noticed the same thing. I don't have a ton of points, but there's no mention of my recent edits to Lair and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand in my wiki rollup. However they are still listed in my edits history and my point total is still correct

#13 Edited by Snail (8593 posts) -
@eirikr said:

Yep, same thing happened to me, with pages such as here (had over 700) and here (definitely had over 3300), just to name a few. However, this happened before and got fixed, so I'm confident all will be dandy as soon as someone gets a chance.

Do you remember how long it took for the issue to be fixed that time?

#14 Edited by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

@snail: Well, this all happened shortly after the site relaunch, so I can't remember exactly. I believe it took a week or more, though.

#15 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2684 posts) -

Same thing is happening to me. Wondering if/when we're going to see a fix. Kind of a bummer since there are a few pages I was working towards 1000 pts on (to change header image eventually). I've lost all my points on these pages:

http://www.giantbomb.com/age-of-empires-ii-the-age-of-kings/3030-2846/wiki-history/

http://www.giantbomb.com/age-of-empires-ii-the-conquerors/3030-14590/wiki-history/

http://www.giantbomb.com/stay-tooned/3030-11008/wiki-history/

http://www.giantbomb.com/ultratron/3030-26331/wiki-history/

http://www.giantbomb.com/defiance/3030-35523/wiki-history/

Which basically means I lost credit for every edit I did from April 11 to April 18. I am not credited on any of those wiki pages (even though I should be the top one on several of them) and my contributions are not listed on my profile either. Oddly, though, is that the points are reflected on my wiki points total. If you were to add up my wiki points and then look at the contributions list, you'd end up with a missing ~2500 points, which are the ones missing from the five games above.

#16 Posted by Hailinel (24284 posts) -
#17 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

As long as we're complaining about lost points, why don't I have any points on the Persona 3 page? I get 2 points for uploading images in bulk (IE 20 at a time), and 7 for changing a caption. By that logic, I should have 4571 points (a few of those images were single uploads), but I don't see anything, really.

#18 Posted by Hailinel (24284 posts) -

As long as we're complaining about lost points, why don't I have any points on the Persona 3 page? I get 2 points for uploading images in bulk (IE 20 at a time), and 7 for changing a caption. By that logic, I should have 4571 points (a few of those images were single uploads), but I don't see anything, really.

You get more points for text editing that adding images. That's intentional given that people used to abuse the hell out of the system to get thousands of points just by uploading massive amounts of fanart.

#19 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

I also seem to be unable to change the header image for the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon page, on which I have over 1000 points even after that bug hit.

Maybe these two bugs are related?

I am still able to change the cover image on the other page for which I have accumulated over a 1000 points (the Godus page). But I didn't lose any points on that one, as apparently my last edit on it isn't within the timespan of the effect of the points-eradicating bug.

#20 Posted by Mento (2495 posts) -

I must've done almost 10,000 points' worth of editing in the past month (serious drive on the FDS project, don't worry about it). If this is true, it's kind of a bummer. At least the edits themselves are still there.

#21 Posted by smcn (916 posts) -

My points have been wrong for years (477 total despite having 1050 on the Infantry page alone), posted about it when I first noticed and the response was basically "that sucks".

So, that sucks.

FAKE EDIT: I actually found the post in my history, it was 2 years 6 months ago. Apparently it wasn't just the points but also the PMs I got that were fucked.

"Your submission to Cosmic Rift has been approved and you have a total of 376 points!"
+1 minute: "Your submission to Organized Play has been approved and you have a total of 378 points!"
+5 minutes: "Your submission to Infantry has been approved and you have a total of 1345 points!"
+1 minute: "Your submission to James Jonah "Jim" Cummings has been approved and you have a total of 414 points!"

And wow I sure posted a lot in the ME2 forums when I first joined.

#22 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2020 posts) -

Yeeeah my points have been really wonky too ever since they transitioned between WM/CBSi and then when they transitioned into this new format.

Don't know if they'll adjust but I will probably be a lot more active on the wiki over the summer, so hopefully by then!

#23 Edited by LtSquigs (265 posts) -

I'll try to figure out what's up.

#24 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@hailinel:

It's less an issue of that than it is that I'm simply not getting the points at all (or at least it's not being reflected as clearly as it should be).

#25 Edited by Rorie (2846 posts) -

This is apparently a known issue. Sorry! Top men are looking into it.

Staff
#26 Posted by Carlos1408 (1495 posts) -

This happened to me ages ago with some games I filled in. I had some points and they went down to 0 after a while. :(

#27 Edited by LtSquigs (265 posts) -

I think redis (the quicker DB than the real DB we use to store the game specific information) may have messed up the values (the server has been... on and off stability wise). I will see if I can get the original values from the old GB, then use the new submission values to correct the point totals on the per games. Then see if I can come up with a way to avoid having this issue at all.

#28 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1260 posts) -

My points also don't show up my work with Anodyne. It does however show on wiki history and is reflected on my point total in my profile.

#29 Edited by Snail (8593 posts) -

@ltsquigs: Thanks for responding Ian! That sounds like a solid handful of work, so good luck to you guys on that.

Got another question regarding this bug though: does the fact that all edits I've been submitting to the Team Fortress 2 page have been taking some solid 20 minutes to show up have anything to do with this overlapping database funny business? Last time that happened to me it was on the SimCity page, and after the bug got fixed all the edits I had submitted under the delay bug just up and vanished.

Luckily I was able to get my edits back (I wrote a dramatic blog post about that whole experience). Weird thing is that it only happened on the SimCity page, out of all the pages I was editing at the time. As far as I can tell, it's only happening on the TF2 page now.

It kinda bothers me to think there might be people editing wiki pages and just shrugging at the notion of there being a delay between their edits being submitted and finally showing up, only to later find they've vanished to the nether. I can personally attest that is very very sucky, as you can probably imagine.

Also tagging @rorie on this one.

#30 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2684 posts) -

Just checking in, but I guess this was never fixed? That week from April is still gone for me. Can't continue with points on any of the pages I missed. :(

#31 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

@rolyatkcinmai: I still haven't recuperated those points either. Maybe they concluded that it took a lot more work to fix this than it was worth?

Tagging @ltsquigs and @rorie in any case.

#32 Posted by mrpibb (469 posts) -

@snail: hey guys sorry forgot about this. We'll need to run some scripts to repop the data. Let me see about scheduling it, we need to stop wiki editing for a couple of hours.

Staff