Anyone else experiencing problems with the GB video player?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

It was working fine up until some time last week. I'm in Canada, I have a wired connection and I'm not having any streaming or download issues on other sites, be it YouTube or Netflix or torrents or what have you.

I'm using Chrome 40.0.2214.91 m, Adblock off, Windows 7 premium. Streaming buffers for about 15-20 seconds before playing a second or two of video, regardless of the quality. Progressive works well enough, if I give it time to go ahead, but it eventually catches up and needs to buffer more. HTML5 straight-up doesn't work. Downloading is painfully slow. Not so much a problem with content I can watch on Youtube, but for premium stuff it's going to be a problem. Any insight, or similar experiences? Everything worked perfectly well until the beginning of last week, and I haven't changed anything on my end to my knowledge.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

zanetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@jslack: I was having some of the same issues yesterday/today, located in Sweden. I tried to click the link but it said that the maximum number of attempts for that support case was reached.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jslack

@zanetsu: Ok, thanks! Gonna call the Akamai rep now.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: I got the same message, as well. I'll keep this thread handy though, so I can visit that link when it'll let me through.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're gonna have to generate another link. What that link does is add your akamai connection info to our open case ID. I'll likely get another case ID soon if this issue keeps going. Hoping the reports generated by other users have been sufficient to debug the video CDN connection issues.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: If there's a link what needs clicking, I'll gladly do so. In the mean time, I'll just watch what I can over on YouTube until the issue is resolved.