Anyone else lost wiki points?

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By eccentrix

This used to be one of my top pages with a few hundred points, but now I have 6. Also, I seem to have retained my total number of wiki points and forum posts from Sea Serpent.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah all the stuff I did the past few days is gone...

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pr1mus

They imported data from Saturday or Sunday. Anything you've done since then did not make it to the new site.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I am pretty sure I posted stuff before sunday but I could be wrong. but a bunch my pages say I only posted like 11 points where as I have done like over a thousand. This one, I used have over 1000 on it Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Ben_H

They made a statement that any editing done after (I think) Saturday would not make it over, same with forum posts and whatnot.

My SimGolf points are still intact. I

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By eirikr

While I didn't lose any of my total points, most of my points on the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers page are gone. I had around 880 on that page. It's only annoying because, with a little more work if I wanted, I could have been able to add a background to the page.

The major editing on that page was also done months ago, so I'm not sure how it could have happened. @eccentrix: Is this what happened to you?

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Hmm our scripts may have messed up, will create an issue for this.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

I also noticed a couple of the pages I had around 1,000 points on have vanished, but my total is still the same.

Praxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm missing most of the points I gained on the Worms 2 page, which I edited about eighteen months ago and was shown as one of my top edits up until the site transition happened. My overall point score is still accurate, and I haven't noticed any lost points in other areas, but its a little hard to know for sure what with wiki histories being broken right now.

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ltsquigs

It sounds like points totals may have come over, but specific object points may have messed up from these descriptions. Ive put in an issue so the person who migrated that data will look into it.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#11 Mento  Moderator

Yep, same deal here. My #1 page is the same, but I lost all but six on the next highest (Birthright). As with the others, my overall total is still the same and the edits I made for that page are still there.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck, I bet my Anime Vice points don't count anymore! Ugh, now I have to write stuff to get my live edit privileges back!

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Sinusoidal

The trivia is gone. My only wiki points came from that. I still have them.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By fattony12000

God, trying to sort this stuff out must be the worst.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Snail

Luckily I don't seem to have lost any wiki points, but I gained something like 600 or so forum posts. Weird. After seeing a few people posting around and checking the Top Users page I'm pretty certain that the forum post count is completely out of whack for many users.

Not that it matters though, at least not as much as with the wiki points.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nope, all my wiki points are here! Some of my forums posts are missing though.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By eccentrix
@eirikr said:

@eccentrix: Is this what happened to you?

Yeah, all of the edits I lost points for were made a long time ago and are still there, I just don't have the page-specific points.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@ltsquigs: I lost all of my Screened edit points, Is this a bug?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eirikr said:

While I didn't lose any of my total points, most of my points on the Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers page are gone. I had around 880 on that page. It's only annoying because, with a little more work if I wanted, I could have been able to add a background to the page.

The major editing on that page was also done months ago, so I'm not sure how it could have happened. @eccentrix: Is this what happened to you?

Almost the same happened to me on the The Last Story page. I had a few hundred points for entering the Soundtrack and Limited Edition info blocks and then got another 120+ today for entering release information. When I did that and looked at the main page I was already missing wiki points, ranking second to last in the top contributors list with 20 points or something. Now I seem to have none as I'm no longer on that list at all.

Also, my point rollup history on my profile is completely vanished (empty page) starting with page 4 or 5.

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The redis server (where a lot of that information is normally stored) is really unstable right now. So a lot of this may be the result of that server crashing a bunch. Were working to stabalize it.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's been months since I did wiki edits but my points are messed up too. My points per game goes beyond what my page says my total points are.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wrote up Tales of Graces F just today and though the content is still there, I now have less points than I did two days ago, before the redesign.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wrote up Tales of Graces F just today and though the content is still there, I now have less points than I did two days ago, before the redesign.

Likewise, last night I greatly expanded the Mithras page. I had over 1200 points on it (even though I believe an error gave me that many), as evidenced by the fact that the page has a background and the totals are still in the wiki history. However, I woke up today to find my new point total gone from the contributors section even though the wiki has the same content. My total points did not change.

I also noticed the activity of me editing that page was gone from my own activity feed.

I guess we should wait for the kinks to be ironed out before doing any major editing?

bryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

To add to the list of examples:

I used to be the top contributor of the LittleBigPlanet 2 page. When the beta launched, I noticed that I wasn't top contributor there either. I was going to check if the issue was rectified when the beta data was reset, but personal stuff came up and I forgot. I guess it was still is an issue.

I don't know if I lost points, as I didn't keep a record of what they were pre-launch. But I did lose my contribution point count on the LBP2 page and my profile.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dungbootle

@eirikr: I hope it all goes back to normal once it's stabilized, I was trying to get my points up so I could add a background image. I'm afraid that if I have to keep going without having gotten my lost points back I'll just straight up run out of things to write about the game.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By eirikr

@dungbootle: I have full confidence everything will go back to normal. Or else I hope I won't lose all 3000+ of my images to the ether.

Additionally, another example of post-launch weirdness, I lost credit for the edits I made to the Shin Megami Tensei IV page. Not as major a thing as the Mithras page, but just another example of why I'll probably hold off from editing until things are more stable.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dungbootle

@eirikr: Seems to be that way for everyone, your contributions are still there but you're not being awarded points for any edits made since the new site's launch.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dungbootle: Ah, okay, I wasn't aware it was a wide issue, last I heard it was a per user basis. Thanks!

Now we wait!

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not sure if this related at all, but when looking at my profile page my number of wiki points alternate between 18, 19, or 20 depending on which tab I'm on. And I'm pretty sure I only had 17 points before the relaunch.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

hey all. We've found the issue and will start retroactively modifying points over the next couple of days. I'm sorry it's going to take awhile, but we want to make sure we have the right set of data coming in this time. You won't be impacted from current edits and all the points you had in the old Giant Bomb will just be added/subtracted in. Unfortunately, we won't be able to bring in the other site's wiki points (though Comic Vine point aggregation may happen sometime in the future).

Thanks for your patience!

Veilor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Veilor
@mrpibb said:

hey all. We've found the issue and will start retroactively modifying points over the next couple of days. I'm sorry it's going to take awhile, but we want to make sure we have the right set of data coming in this time. You won't be impacted from current edits and all the points you had in the old Giant Bomb will just be added/subtracted in. Unfortunately, we won't be able to bring in the other site's wiki points (though Comic Vine point aggregation may happen sometime in the future).

Thanks for your patience!

I created a game page for a new Pokémon game yesterday, had added about 3 Generations of Pokémon and small edits. Math robot gave me about 800+ points for that. Today the wiki contribution list is gone and I tried adding something (still got two generations to add) . And now I only have 2 points but I should have more on the page.

Figured I'd post here as it is maybe the same thing as what has been said in this thread. This is the Pokémon game page.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PufferFiz

any update to this bug?