Battlefield 4 video won't play

danlongman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Using chrome.

The post for BF4 ( http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/a-chunk-of-battlefield-4-footage/2300-7189/ )
The video does not play I can't click anything. Using HTML5 + HD, same for streaming though.

From the comments I gather there is an age gate, I do not see any gate.

The only way I could view it was to download.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I had almost the same thing! I saw the age-gate, and updated my age. Now when I click on that certain video, it just doesn't play. ~ Hmm.

danlongman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

update on this issue: if i log out then i get to see the age gate, I can then enter my age and view the video.

but when logged in the age gate doesn't show up. (Maybe its pulling my age from my profile) but the controls are not getting unlocked; Thus i can not play the video in the inline player.

mrpibb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Hi

What browser? Are you only having issues with this video?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpibb: Well, i'm using Firefox 19.02. Windows 8 64-bit.

That's the only video that doesn't work. I keep clicking that giant play button, and it doesn't play. Like its not like it goes to a black screen.

danlongman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danlongman

Chrome, I tested with IE9 and same issue.

Win 7 64bit.

Only this video as far as I can tell. all others have worked for me.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I had this issue in Chrome on Windows 7 as well. I ended up just clicking the download button and watched it in the browser just fine.

danlongman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update any video that has a age gate causes this issue. The new Metro last light trailer same thing happens.

I have figured out the problem if you have your age set in your profile as i did, it doesn't show the age gate and the play buttons are locked.
(my birthday is 03/29/82 so past the age required)

Disabling my birthday in my profile then the age gate is shown and i can set my age and watch the video.

Deep-_-Thought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Update any video that has a age gate causes this issue. The new Metro last light trailer same thing happens.

I have figured out the problem if you have your age set in your profile as i did, it doesn't show the age gate and the play buttons are locked.

(my birthday is 03/29/82 so past the age required)

Disabling my birthday in my profile then the age gate is shown and i can set my age and watch the video.

I was having the same problem and removing my birthday from my profile fixed it for me too.

*Using Firefox 20.0.1 and Chrome 26.0.1410.64.