Been having account issues

JHebbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've sent several emails since E3 about account issues I've been having to the support email address and have not gotten a response yet, frustrating to say the least.

Here is the email:

Lately since after E3 i've been having issues seeing the live chat. It always says 0 chatting and just sits at the "It's taking a little longer to log into the chat this time" screen for the entire stream. I haven't gotten into it once since E3. It may be related to an issue I had recently where I logged in once and noticed for whatever reason I was no longer a premium user, rather than go through support or anything I decided to just sign up for it again because I didn't want to miss a show about to go live, so I was double charged for that month, hopefully i am not just going to be double charged for every month from now on, but possibly that has something to do with whatever else I broke.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@jhebbel: Hmm, apologies if you emailed support and didn't get a response; I do my best to get back to all of those emails. I did a search for your email address and last name (assuming it's part of your username) and didn't see anything in the archives over there, nor for a search for the email text. Were you emailing support@giantbomb.com? You can also try support@comicvine.com, as they go to the same inbox. If you have support questions, you can always PM me as well. I can only find one charge for you for this month, so get in touch via PM and we can work out why you're getting double-billed. Is it possible you have another account?

Chat is a bit wonky for some people at some times; have you tried using another browser? Or an incognito window? Also, make sure that you don't have chat open in two windows at the same time, as this will cause errors.

JHebbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JHebbel

Thanks for the response, the email would have come from jhebbel@gmail.com, not sure why it wouldn't have made it through. I have not checked my CC statements since the original issue a month or two ago, but will check next chance I get. As for the chat I know there have been some intermittent issues, but I have had a 0 success rate since E3, and I've been through a format on this machine since then as well as had identical issues on my laptop, home, and office computers using Chrome and IE, the varying platforms giving the same issue is what made me think it was a account issue and it just seemed to line up with my account losing its premium status so I assumed, possibly wrongly so, that the two issues may be related.

No Caption Provided

When unable to get into chat when it was an intermittent issue, it would still show the number of people chatting in the top left, if I remember correctly. Currently it just always says 0 chatting. Not that I used to participate in chat much anyway due to it usually scrolling too fast to read, but sometimes its nice to have.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@jhebbel: You probably shouldn't post your email publicly for security purposes.

JHebbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JHebbel

@liquidprince: not too concerned, it's my primary email for PR and work and is already all over profiles, forums and my website.

JHebbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JHebbel

@rorie: For reference the error is different after some recent work on the site, this is what it shows now;

No Caption Provided