Bombcast possibly messed up?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I'm unsure if this is an issue on the site or on my end, since I download all of the bombcasts, but is anyone else experiencing weird skips and audio glitches on the last month or so's worth of Bombcasts? Don't really know who to alert about this but I don't think it's intentional.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By RipTheVeins

I've noticed this as well. I thought it was just the software I was using, but you are not alone.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Same here. I've been noticing it when using the site player, so I thought it was just that, but if it's also present when you download it, it's probably a problem when Brad encodes.

Avatar image for deactivated-643fcf03a370c
deactivated-643fcf03a370c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've definitely had the same issues, and looking at the bombcast comments, so have a lot of other people. Hopefully this is something they can fix and have only been unaware of it.

Mancuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too have noticed odd audio hiccups. Its usually just a skip forward in time a few seconds or milliseconds. Noticeably disruptive.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@tonylope said:

I've definitely had the same issues, and looking at the bombcast comments, so have a lot of other people. Hopefully this is something they can fix and have only been unaware of it.

Brad's aware of it, someone sent him an angry tweet last week telling him to fix the podcast.

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad said the glitches were happening during the recording and couldn't be fixed.

Apparently they're getting a new podcast studio with the move, so they probably won't fix it until they set up there. Haven't found it to be too bad anyway.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@flstyle: Considering it's happened for at least the last four podcasts I can see why someone might be ticked, but there's a better way of expressing said anger.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#9 fisk0  Moderator

There have been glitches around 45-50 minutes (and again around the two hour mark) into every episode of the Bombcast for the past month or so, ever since that episode when Brad spliced in Danny O'Dwyer pronouncing words correctly.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Yeah I've had it for quite a while and I figured it was my phone or the app.

16Shells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, always thought this was a problem on my end.

Twisted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought this was a problem with the podcast app on my phone as well. It hasn't bothered me much as it only appens a couple of times an episode at most and hasn't skipped over anything important.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

i get it too it's a bummer when it happens

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa, totally thought that was my phone. Figured the default podcast app just sucked at long files and freaked out every so often.

Minor annoyance at worst, as I can usually get the gist of what's being said during the skipping from the word fragments.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

I'm pretty sure this is known about it's an issue with the hardware they record on not with the actual recording files. Hopefully their new studios will fix the issues.

And I think the skips are very, very short. You aren't missing any conversation just small snippets.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The burden that has been lifted from my shoulders now knowing it is not just me is a great one.

#drunk

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wow I'm glad somebody brought this up and apparently it's been brought up in comments sections, because this has kind of bug me. About a week or two ago, it was really bad, like several bad jumps at the end. Being just audio, I'm always frustrated because I wonder if I've just missed 5 seconds or 5 minutes.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ripelivejam

best part was how some people got entirely incensed over it without calmly trying to bring it to brad's attention first by @'ing him. also automatically jumping to the conclusion that it was brad's fault in the first place. it's nbd at all and i'm 99% sure it'll be done away with when they move.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Well glad to hear I'm not alone. I have a pretty long commute to and from work so I listen to the podcast on my old Ipod, yes I still use an Ipod, and I thought that it was dying everytime it happened. Hopefully the issue will be fixed when they get their new studio.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I originally wasn't sure if it was our player our the recording. In listening to the bombcast, and downloading the mp3s to analyze, it looks like the cause is in the recording. Sorry, can't do much about it on the player side :(

ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've had the exact same problem. I listen to dozens of podcasts and this is the only one that does it. It kind of sounds like its trying to fast forward or skip or something. It always happens at the same spot in the episode (its a differnt spot every episode, by I rewind and the glitch happens at the same time code.)

I'm using the default podcast app on my iphone 6 if that makes any difference

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@reddenblack: ^^ it's an issue with the actual recording, not the player.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bread said he would talk to the guy running the studio.