Bombcast Unplayable in Overcast App

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey,

I've used Overcast for probably about a year now and it's been great. For the last week or two, however [starting with the 10/27/15 episode], when I start up the Bombcast all I hear is a few seconds of terrible, glitchy noises before the app appears to simply delete the episode. I've tried re-downloading it multiple times with both the premium and standard feed to no avail, and this is only happening with the Bombcast. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Mittt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've experienced the same thing but redownloading fixed the problem for me. Overall, I've had a lot of problems with Overcast.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you just redownload the episodes or the entire app? I've tried reloading the last two episodes a few times each and the problem is persisting.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

That would be on Overcast's side. Wonder if it's a widespread issue across different podcasts? Checked out their support forum?

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've listened to episodes across three other podcasts over the last two weeks without issue. And I did actually look and wasn't able to find a support forum. I did just notice that this problem seemed to start around the same time that the app began defaulting to streaming episodes despite my telling it to download over wifi in the settings; I'm wondering now it there may be correlation there.

I also just realized there's one detail I forgot to mention before: when I force the app to download the episode, it will play at that moment. It's the next time I open the app and select the episode that I get the glitchy mess before it deletes itself.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Unfortunately we have no control over what overcast does, it just pulls our feed and then serves the mp3 content.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

It seems to happen with any large podcast, say over an hour? This American Life had the same problem, I'd pause it, comeback and it would just be weird janky sounds and then it would delete itself. The playing another podcast and then coming back trick works but you have to time it right or the broken podcast deletes itself.

Very annoying, another patch is out today, if it doesn't help I might try and contact the guy on twitter or something. He's very responsive to bug reports, maybe no one else has brought this problem to his attention.