#1 Edited by narujoe93 (2450 posts) -

Does any one have this problem? When I click one of these...

HELLO

I get brought to the top of the page and cannot see what the spoiler is.

It's been going on for a week or so now, and no one has brought it up yet. Is it just me?

Edit: For some reason I can click the spoiler thing I just made, but cant use (for say) the ones found in this thread

Maybe those people are using the spoiler block feature incorrectly?

#2 Posted by Parsnip (1068 posts) -

Yes, I have this problem occasionally. I haven't been able to pinpoint it to specific circumstances either.

#3 Posted by Shaunage (641 posts) -

Happens for me in that topic, too, but not in this one.

#4 Posted by Winsord (1066 posts) -

It looks like it might have to do with the site redesign? That thread is almost six months old, so if it was on the old site first, it could be that they changed how spoilers were coded. If you hover your mouse over the ones in the old thread you should see the page URL with an anchor (#) at the end, which (as far as I know) is bringing you back to the top of the page instead of actually opening the spoiler tag. If you hover over the new spoiler tag in this thread, there shouldn't be any address linked to it; I'm not even seeing something akin to "javascript:void();".

The main reason I think it might have been changed is that they simply look different. The ones in the old thread are just red text that say, "SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.", whereas the new ones have that bold red line on the left, somewhat similar to quote blocks, and simply say "Click to reveal **SPOILERS**".