Can't access my actual account

Phos09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When logging in, I get an incorrect password/username error, but whenever I try to get back my password the site reports that both my username and password are not recognized. If I try to sign up using that account's email, I get an error. My actual account name is "Phos", and I have system emails from giant bomb addressing me as such. I'd like to get this account back.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By TheHBK

Have you tried re-installing the drivers for your video card? I think the site has been having trouble with people who are running on bootleg Voodoo graphics cards.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

@phos09 said:

When logging in, I get an incorrect password/username error, but whenever I try to get back my password the site reports that both my username and password are not recognized. If I try to sign up using that account's email, I get an error. My actual account name is "Phos", and I have system emails from giant bomb addressing me as such. I'd like to get this account back.

When I went to login, the new site refused to recognize the email address that was my account name for Whiskey Media and the old site. I eventually just punched in the same password but with my username (BisonHero), which had never previously been used as any kind of actual login for me (even during the Sea Serpent beta, my email address login worked fine), and somehow using my username worked.

So have you tried just logging in with "Phos" and then your password?

Phos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bisonhero: Ah thanks, that seems to have done it. It seems I had an out of date password saved in Chrome and I hadn't tried another possibility, but now I have it working.