joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

When I try to create a link to an external URL, I always get this error:

No Caption Provided

Never had a problem before, but ever since that feature got updated with the "to Giant Bomb Content" thingy, it hasn't worked for me. I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I haven't seen others talking about it, so it certainly could just be a problem with my compy. But I've deleted cookies, turned it off and on again, and all the usual stuff to no avail. Maybe I'm just using the tool incorrectly?!

I'm on Chrome Version 41.0.2272.101 m on Windows 7 64 bit, if that helps.

Thanks!

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By jslack

@joshwent: Thanks for the report. You aren't the only one. Aware of the issue, there are a couple of issues that are hard to replicate, but I'm going to try to get a patch for this soon(tm).

Sorry for the issue. In the meantime, try modifying the url manually (as in typing) instead of ctrl-v, as that seems to cause some people problems.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@jslack: Thank you! It looks like typing instead of ctrl-v does work for me, but it'd be great be able to paste again. Especially with weird YouTube URLs like that one.

(also, I've never watched the video for that shitty song, but it's a complete rip off of the beginning of UP! oh Dido.)

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jslack: Copying and pasting bringing in weird hidden characters or something?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bisonhero: Looks like it's the validation on the link instead, not responding to keyup listeners. That's my guess without looking at the code right now. I'm trying to wrap up some other issues before I move on to this.