#1 Edited by ZHabermann (94 posts) -

clicking the button just makes it do the animation from coming out of fullscreen, seems to do this on any format or video

EDIT I have just updated to Safari 6.0.4 and it's having the exactly same issue

#2 Posted by Zaccheus (1793 posts) -

Good to know, not gonna update in a while then. I thought I was the only one using Safari.

#3 Posted by VirtuaXav (450 posts) -

I'm having the same issue with 6.0.3, hopefully its fixed soon.

#4 Edited by Gooddoggy (410 posts) -

Yeah, same issue for me. Using HTML5/High quality, Safari 6.0.3

#5 Posted by originalgamer (49 posts) -

can also confirm this issue.

#6 Edited by rchen (169 posts) -
#7 Edited by periahdark (115 posts) -

I updated to 6.0.3 after reading this thread to see if I would have the same issue. I did, of course. That was silly of me. Haha. Luckily, I don't watch many videos fullscreen.

#8 Posted by TC (29 posts) -

Same issue here, but windowed full screen still works fine...

#9 Posted by RussianDrink (117 posts) -

Bummed about not being able to watch in full screen. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Lesson learned: check GB forums before updating Safari.

#10 Posted by Risingsun (2 posts) -

Yeah, just ran into the same problem. Glad to hear its not just me.

#11 Edited by Zaccheus (1793 posts) -

Crap... I totally forgot about this and updated. Well I download most of the videos anyway, but it would be nice to see this fixed.

#12 Posted by Faltru (113 posts) -

@zaccheus said:

Crap... I totally forgot about this and updated.

Same here. Damn.

#13 Posted by alexisg (383 posts) -

Looking into this. Not sure if its only specific to 6.0.3 since the even more up to date Webkit dev versions are working.

Staff
#14 Edited by MisterMouse (3554 posts) -

Having the same issue in 6.0.3 as well.

#15 Posted by ZHabermann (94 posts) -

Updated first post

#16 Posted by nihilisticmonkey (90 posts) -

1 Month 3 days. An entire browser base locked out of a critical feature.

#17 Posted by ezdude (394 posts) -

I will join as one who's having the same problem. I only have this on this site which I find odd. Guess, it's a problem specific to the player Giantbomb uses.

#18 Posted by alexisg (383 posts) -

This one sucks I know. Our main video engineers are working on things like better streaming and such so it's unfortunately its behind that right now. I've been trying to figure it out myself but also have been swamped with other stuff. I like Safari a ton so it's not that we are ignoring it even though its super small percentage of our users.

Staff
#19 Edited by Ryzon (16 posts) -

20 days later and I still cannot full screen. Is this a Safari problem or Giantbomb problem? Either way, I do hope it gets fixed soon! Safari is my browser of my choice but I am forced to use chrome for my giantbombing.

#20 Posted by originalgamer (49 posts) -

Wohooo full screen is working again, good work duders.