#1 Edited by edgework (99 posts) -

If you can't get into chat and you watched any of the PAX coverage last weekend you're probably stuck on one of the temporary servers brought up for PAX that no longer exist. To fix this follow these directions.

#2 Posted by Nightriff (5236 posts) -

I flushed the DNS on this computer and it didn't work, still getting disconnected from chat and the session has timed out.

Also lets say it works, will I need to do this on all the computers I use?

#4 Posted by RawknRo11a (568 posts) -

Flushing DNS did not work for me either...

#6 Edited by Fobwashed (2164 posts) -

Missing and or very slow loading avatars for me in chat right now.

#7 Posted by PirateNipple (95 posts) -

Didn't work here either! :(

#8 Posted by samcroft90 (98 posts) -

Just tried it myself and still can't get into chat

#9 Edited by WalkmanBoy (81 posts) -

Doesn't seem to be working for me either I'm afraid.

Edit: I'm on Chrome and managed to get in chat by clearing my Chrome cache, seems to be fine now.

#10 Posted by mortface (110 posts) -

Chat not working for me either. I've flushed the DNS and also cleared the cache, still not working.

#11 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5895 posts) -

Not working for me either. It just says I've been disconnected/ my session has been timed out and I should refresh the page. I have flushed the Dns, but still no dice. I'm on Chrome by the way.

#12 Edited by edgework (99 posts) -

OK, lesson learned on my part. - Don't screw with DNS just because it's fun

Seriously though. Sorry about this. You guys who still can't get in will have to wait for all services between you and us that are trying to "help" you to clear their cache of the address.

The next time I move around temporary capacity it will be through ports.

#13 Edited by bybeach (4965 posts) -

Chat has not been working for me for a good week now. I have the latest IE, as that site notes. But not GB.

Will try I guess what is recommended in the first post.

#14 Posted by Giganteus (194 posts) -

@edgework said:

OK, lesson learned on my part. - Don't screw with DNS just because it's fun

Seriously though. Sorry about this. You guys who still can't get in will have to wait for all services between you and us that are trying to "help" you to clear their cache of the address.

The next time I move around temporary capacity it will be through ports.

Ah, so that's why I can't get in. Thank you for the information. Do you have any idea how long it'll be until it clears its cache? It's been a while now.

#15 Posted by Itwongo (1230 posts) -

aww man...

#16 Posted by edgework (99 posts) -

We actually found that one of those services that is trying to help you was ours. Oops. The remaining people who still can't get in should be able to get in now.

#17 Posted by Giganteus (194 posts) -

@edgework said:

We actually found that one of those services that is trying to help you was ours. Oops. The remaining people who still can't get in should be able to get in now.

Hah. Confirmed, I can get in now. Thanks, edgework.

#18 Edited by SgtSphynx (1532 posts) -

I cannot get into chat for the live stream that is on right now. Didn't have any issues getting into chat on Friday, and I switched ISPs on Saturday, so my suspicion is that is possibly what caused it.