This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by archimedes83 (25 posts) -

I started watching it and I came back and it was gone. Tried clearing cache, cookies, restarting. No luck. Was it taken down to be re-posted later?

Thanks!

#2 Posted by Linkster7 (1021 posts) -

I was wondering the same, following the link from the tweet about the upload leads to 404 error.

#3 Posted by fodigga (123 posts) -

There was some bad audio sync after the Galak Z segment. It was painful for me to even try watching it.

#4 Posted by deerokus (538 posts) -

I assume they're re-encoding it or something to fix the audio problem.

#5 Posted by wemibelec90 (1597 posts) -

@fodigga: This is why VLC is awesome! A few presses of the K key and everything was nice and in-sync again.

#6 Edited by fodigga (123 posts) -

@wemibelec90: I should have probably just downloaded it, shouldn't I?

#7 Posted by Shtinky (602 posts) -

It's now Monday. This is the flagship show, that a lot of us subscribe to the site particularly to watch. I understand there are technical difficulties that need/ will be fixed, but....

#8 Edited by RonGalaxy (3058 posts) -

@shtinky: but nothing. They have been consistent with uploading upf since it started. Things like this happen. Nothing is perfect

#9 Posted by whatisdelicious (1210 posts) -

@shtinky: Technically, the Bombcast is the flagship of Giant Bomb. I get your frustration, but even though I couldn't watch it this weekend after I missed my chance to just download it, I knew that there'd be a good reason and it sounds like there totally was. Stuff happens. They're a small staff. Give them a break.

In Giant Bomb we trust.

#10 Posted by Pimpsandwich (73 posts) -

@shtinky said:

It's now Monday. This is the flagship show, that a lot of us subscribe to the site particularly to watch. I understand there are technical difficulties that need/ will be fixed, but....

But what? You'd rather they just throw it up with technical problems intact? Come on, dude.

#11 Posted by Shtinky (602 posts) -

@shtinky: Technically, the Bombcast is the flagship of Giant Bomb. I get your frustration, but even though I couldn't watch it this weekend after I missed my chance to just download it, I knew that there'd be a good reason and it sounds like there totally was. Stuff happens. They're a small staff. Give them a break.

In Giant Bomb we trust.

What was the reason? Because according to wemiblelec90, the issue was resolved by merely shifting the audio (after a certain point, according to fodigga).

#12 Posted by whatisdelicious (1210 posts) -

@shtinky: I was only going off of that. I'm sure it's more than just audio and it's probably more complicated to fix when you have to reencode a huge video (and multiple versions of it at that) than just tapping a key on the user end. But I don't know for sure what happened. I didn't notice Vinny post anything on Twitter. Coming to the forums to see if anyone else had posted about it and finding this thread is as much research as I've done. Hence the trust. There's plenty of other stuff on the Internet, and on GB, (and in life in general) to entertain myself until they've got it fixed.

#13 Edited by Shikon (176 posts) -

You can't shift the audio on the webplayer it needs re-encoding for that.
wemiblelec90 fixed it by downloading it and running it in VLC.
Something most of us would probably would not do and then we are just watching a crappy version of the video.

#14 Posted by Brackstone (55 posts) -

There were more problems than just audio desync. I didn't have any of that, but the video would cut off after about an hour, and the total duration of the video was only listed at an hour even though it would extend past that a few minutes. The HTML5 version worked fine, but I believe some people said the download version was also cut short. So there was a whole lot more wrong than just audio desync, especially since the best part of the video (the Crawl segment) was missing for many.

#15 Posted by The_Nubster (2087 posts) -

@shtinky said:

Are you joking? if you're getting upset about it, you clearly do not understand anything about technical problems that need tending to. They don't work during the weekends, and it's a 2-3 hour long video that needs to be totally re-encoded and re-uploaded. They just got back to work after GDC, their very first day back, and they haven't even been at work for more than a couple of hours.

#16 Posted by Tag (65 posts) -

Just bumping hoping to get a staff response to if/when it will be up

#17 Posted by OptimalPower (112 posts) -
@tag said:

Just bumping hoping to get a staff response to if/when it will be up

#18 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11585 posts) -

I downloaded it before they took it down and it worked just fine for me. It's not necessarily a very eventful or crazy UPF (after the Galak-Z QLEX they play Towerfall and an early build of Crawl), but that crawl segment was actually pretty awesome to watch. Knowing very little about that game before, I'm pretty sold on it now.

#19 Posted by Chaser324 (6389 posts) -