#1 Posted by minivan (173 posts) -

The drop down opens, but it's impossible to reach The main pages like http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/ unless I long tap > open in new tab. I thin this has been an issue since the redesign.

#2 Posted by Rorie (2697 posts) -
Staff
#3 Posted by Chaser324 (6325 posts) -

This issue has been around since the redesign, and it applies to a lot of the links on the site not necessarily just the drop downs.

On a related note, I've also been having a major issue with not being able to select the reply textbox on iOS. If I tap it over and over again, I can typically get into it eventually, but sometimes it seems like it will never allow me to enter any text into it.

#4 Posted by Humanity (8809 posts) -

@chaser324: Sometimes scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page will work for me. Sometimes I can just never enter a message without reloading the page.

The mobile version of the site is AWFUL for anything but watching videos. In the past I gave it a bit of slack since the site just launched and as usual a ton of other stuff was happening. But as a person that posts on the forums a lot, I have to say my experience with the redesign on mobile has ranged from terrible to merely acceptable at best.

I mean the site itself on a regular web browser still has a slew of problems - don't get me started on trying to quote multiple people and add replies in the same response.. but the mobile site is just something else. My favorite part is the "go to last post" button which requires a finger with a diameter of 1/32 of an inch to press.

#5 Posted by Chaser324 (6325 posts) -

@humanity: I'd be content with just being able to easily enter text into the textbox - proper replies and quotes would just be gravy. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to post a reply on my phone and eventually just given up.

#6 Posted by Humanity (8809 posts) -

@chaser324: I can imagine as I do the same thing.