Can we not auto-forward after a live show finishes?

cowbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By cowbs

Sometimes when I'm watching a live stream at giantbomb.com/chat I need to step away from my desk for a minute so I pause the show. I'm able to resume playing just fine but if the show finishes before I consume the rest of the buffer the URL auto-forwards to the "There is currently no show" landing page and I've lost my ability to finish watching. It's always super frustrating and seems completely unnecessary to force the page change.

Thanks!

comprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By comprox

You can access this URL to see the last show aired: Latest Video

If a new show has started, you will have to wait for the archive. I assume it's taken down as they would have to leave the whole chat system up as well which they do not want all the time.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

What he said. We have to take the stream down eventually; we try to leave it up for a bit but we can't guarantee that we'll leave it up long enough for everyone to finish their current streams.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@comprox said:

If a new show has started, you will have to wait for the archive. I assume it's taken down as they would have to leave the whole chat system up as well which they do not want all the time.

Is that latest video working for anyone? Mario Party 9 shows up, but when I hit play it is just a black screen.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@comprox said:

Is that latest video working for anyone? Mario Party 9 shows up, but when I hit play it is just a black screen.

The video is now live here, regardless.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/mario-party-party-9/2300-11762/