#1 Posted by Nephrahim (1131 posts) -

Trying to change this account to Nephrahim, a name I used previously on other whisky media sites and stuff. It seems like somehow this means I can't change names on this account to it, because it's already taken, though when I log in on Nephrahim it just takes me back to this account.

#2 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Well, it definitely exists. But it sounds like you can't actually log into it? That is strange.

#3 Posted by Sweep (8841 posts) -

There's some weird business going on. I guess we need @rorie to investigate.

#4 Edited by Nephrahim (1131 posts) -

Oh hey, it's got silver too, cool.

I can log in using that username but it just puts me on this account.

#5 Posted by pinner458 (715 posts) -

You can change your username? How?

#6 Posted by jSlack (102 posts) -

@samdrugbringer: What method did you use to change your username? Indeed, since you already had the account created, it won't allow you to take the name (since then you would be able to do hostile takeovers of other's names.)

Staff
#7 Posted by Nephrahim (1131 posts) -

I go to billing and the change username/password page.

#8 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1147 posts) -

I've been trying to change my username for a few days now and it just says " woops, something went wrong " every time. So it seems like the whole thing might be a little broken right now. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong, I dunno.

#9 Posted by wemibelec90 (1621 posts) -

@steadyingmeat said:

I've been trying to change my username for a few days now and it just says " woops, something went wrong " every time. So it seems like the whole thing might be a little broken right now. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong, I dunno.

I have been poking at a name change too, and I get this same error message no matter how many times I try.

#10 Posted by Bollard (5422 posts) -

@wemibelec90: Have you changed your name before? I believe you only get one change, or one a year - something like that.

#11 Edited by AndrewB (7571 posts) -

@bollard: I thought it was originally stated as one change, period. I didn't even get that opportunity because of account weirdness with the merging and de-merging between the other Whiskey Media sites. I think it counted me as changing my name to the name I already had.

#12 Edited by Rorie (2857 posts) -

If you ever want to change a name, let me know at support(at)giantbomb.com and I can do it for you.

Staff
#13 Posted by Nephrahim (1131 posts) -

Sent!