Can't change my profile pic. "internal server error"?

pacmaninvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just trying to upload a 97k jpeg and it starts to upload and says error uploading internal server error. Any help is greatly appreciated!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@pacmaninvader: Can you link me to the image that you want to use as your avatar and I can try to change it on my end and see if that works?

pacmaninvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless I am doing something wrong, I can't even do that. I even tried to upload several different pictures and I get the same message. I could email it to you? Just not through the GB site apparently.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Sure, feel free to send it as an attachment to support@giantbomb.com and I'll try to do it sometime this evening.

pacmaninvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pacmaninvader
No Caption Provided

Rorie, you fixed my issue with my profile picture. I was just trying to use chat and it is still doing the same thing. I've attached an image of an example. Thanks!

laika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Rorie, you fixed my issue with my profile picture. I was just trying to use chat and it is still doing the same thing. I've attached an image of an example. Thanks!

Avatar changes can take 24-48 hours to propagate to chat.

pacmaninvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, but my avatar was fixed 2 months ago. This was the first time I tried to use chat and just noticed it.

laika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, but my avatar was fixed 2 months ago. This was the first time I tried to use chat and just noticed it.

If you can see your avatar at this link, then it should work for the next chat. You may need to force refresh.

pacmaninvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, but it didn't work. I get this error message:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message><Key>uploads/original/23/235477/avatar.jpg</Key><RequestId>C0F4F08B1795A54C</RequestId><HostId>kzwmgqwbNjeILR/InFGllyXc3X7/QehWpgd9EkQ7Cd7sKjxDUHpmxEOzzEDJUDPCKIswumO4u90=</HostId></Error>

laika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pacmaninvader: Did you try hitting ctrl+F5 (or cmd+shift+R on mac) to force a refresh? It shows fine here.

pacmaninvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pacmaninvader

Yes that was it. Thanks so much!