Can't search for game forums when creating a forum topic.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Video_Game_King

When I try searching for one, nothing pops up other than "'Tis but a barren wasteland." I also tried searching individual letters (as opposed to game titles), and results did pop up. The search is only searching the main boards instead of the game boards.

This glitch has happened before, and I'm pretty sure there's a topic for it already. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it, so I'm starting a new one.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 75

#2  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

The forum search function has been broken for me consistently for months, I recommend searching for a topic on google and adding site:giantbomb.com to the query, that way it'll only search through Giant Bomb (though wikis, articles etc. are included). Until they've fixed the forum search I wish they'd just put a google link for that on the search page.

EDIT: I just realized that using site:giantbomb.com/forums also works, and limit the results to forum threads only!

laika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By laika

When I try searching for one, nothing pops up other than "'Tis but a barren wasteland." I also tried searching individual letters (as opposed to game titles), and results did pop up. The search is only searching the main boards instead of the game boards.

This glitch has happened before, and I'm pretty sure there's a topic for it already. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it, so I'm starting a new one.

Do you mean this thing? It seems to work here.

No Caption Provided

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

@laika:

Yea, that's the thing. It's not working on my end, though (just tested it with Persona 4). I'm using Chrome 34.0.1847.137 m and Windows 7.

laika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By laika

@video_game_king said:

@laika:

Yea, that's the thing. It's not working on my end, though (just tested it with Persona 4). I'm using Chrome 34.0.1847.137 m and Windows 7.

Your assets are possibly out-of-sync. Try clearing your Chrome cache or using a different browser. Let me know if that changes anything.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

@laika:

Just tried clearing the cache, but I'm getting the same problems. About to try a different browser. Just tried it with Internet Explorer, too. Same issue.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's been super fucked for me for months, also.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Same here, except I notice it when I'm trying to post Blog posts to a specific game forum. I have to post it to the General boards and wait for a moderator to swap it over instead. It works, I guess, but I feel sorry for the mods that have to keep moving it.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@video_game_king and all others, I'm working on a fix for this. Should be updated shortly.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Still not working for blogs for me. Used to post my monthly Vita games list in the Vita forum, but haven't been able to for the two most recent ones.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King
jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This isn't the correct thread for this but I'm unable to start a new forum topic. On Chrome the page loads blank and on IE the "unable to load page" error screen pops up.

I put this post here for obvious reasons cause it seemed sorta to fit. Help me top men.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By rorie

@thesoutherndandy: Are you making the topic from the main forum page? If so, try going to the specific forum or wiki page you want to post in and try from there.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rorie: Hey that worked. Thanks dude!