Can't Watch Videos or Post in Chrome

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By sjschmidt93

Recently the site has been pretty much broken for me in chrome. Whenever I post, I get this error message

{"success":0,"errMessage":"An error occured when posting your comment","trackingToken":"event2"}

Also videos won't play. The big circular play button just doesn't appear. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling but it did not work. It seems that this problem may have started when I enabled the click-to-play plugins function in chrome, but I've since turned that off and it also did not fix my problem. Also, I don't run adblock.
Sparklehorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm having the same problem also in Chrome.

laika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Haven't seen anything like this, but it sounds like out-of-date Javascript files. Try clearing your browser cache to see if it resolves the issue.

If that doesn't help, what do you see when you open the developer console (F12 on windows or cmd-alt-J on mac)?

xenobytezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the same boat here in terms of playing videos with Chrome. The headline video on the front page will play fine, but when going into a videos actual page to play it, the Chrome tab locks up and just spins. The red play button never shows, and nothing on the page is interactable

The DevTools are showing no JS errors but there is a bunch of pending AJAX requests, but that might just be cause something else is stalling it.

Chrome 37.0.2062.58 beta-m

MagicAlex84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MagicAlex84

I get the play button, but a few seconds after I click on it it just comes back. Funny thing is, it only happens when I'm logged in. If I log out and let the ad play, the video starts playing soon after. Didn't try it logged out with Adblock on though. Already tried clearing my cache for the last 4 weeks. Using Version 36.0.1985.125 m

Edit: If I enable Adblock while I'm logged out, the video still plays properly. I only have the problem when I'm logged in.

Edit 2: Okay, so I guess I just didn't check the right boxes when clearing my cache. Videos work again. Here's what I used:

No Caption Provided