Character pages only display gender as "m".

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Female characters are listed as male in the wiki, despite the fact that when I open the editor to change it, the editor displays female as the already-selected gender.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I visited the Jeanne page a moment ago and her gender was listed correctly, so this apparently isn't a universal thing. Maybe.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

SeaSerpent is sexist. Here's the next biggest news story in gaming.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By takashichea

I was editing Faldio's page and something similar happened. The wiki had his gender listed as female, and when I went to fix it, the page deleted it altogether.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Sexism.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ran into the problem again on Emmeryn's page. I edited the page to add some text, the gender cleared itself automatically after I submitted, and when I tried to add gender as female, it displayed as male after submission.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Someone get Patrick on the case. This is clearly a case of sexism that deserves a news post/scathing editorial.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Yeah I was just adding a few lines to Lisa from DOA page and noticed this myself.

FlaminB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm also finding this problem. When I first visited a character page (Haruka Urashima), gender was labeled "f" for female, I assumed. When I hit the edit button (to edit something else), she was labeled "Male." I set it to "Female," finished editing and hit submit. Now she is labeled "m" under gender.

When I hit edit again, it says "Female."

It would seem before editing m=male, f=female - but editing reverses this.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flaminb said:

I'm also finding this problem. When I first visited a character page (Haruka Urashima), gender was labeled "f" for female, I assumed. When I hit the edit button (to edit something else), she was labeled "Male." I set it to "Female," finished editing and hit submit. Now she is labeled "m" under gender.

Yeah, this seems to be the case. Even if the gender is correct, making an edit to the page can cause the gender to get mangled.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi
@hailinel said:

@flaminb

said:

Yeah, this seems to be the case.Even if the gender is correct, making an edit to the page can cause the gender to get mangled.

Yep thats exactly what I did. Weird bug.

Caustic_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Caustic_Fox

Same issue here. I just got approved for the edit on Meï's page, which it now says 'm' instead of 'f'. I guessing that this is just a minor setback until the new site overhaul gets patched up properly.

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The continual curse of displaying gender properly. I think we've rewritten this code like 2 times now, and always some small part crops up agian.

Will create an issue, 3rd times a charm.