Chat idea. Timed pinned messages.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By 71Ranchero

Just an idea, maybe it would be good to let mods pin a comment for 30 seconds or so for when the chat is going fast so they can easily say things like "Guys shut up about how much you hate sports" or something.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Eh. We already have a message bit under the video, for example.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Honestly, and this may be seen as elitist or whatever and that's not how I mean it, but just give us the option of a premium chat room for events like this. Premium isn't some clean perfect world but it's less busy at least. On the backend ideally it would be a filter and not two separate rooms, allowing mods / the duders to monitor them at the same time, or something.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jslack

@geraltitude: Something we've definitely had a lot of conversation about. One major thing Dave really adamant about when building original GB, was to not split the community. It would certainly be easier, resource wise to split users out - but I tend to agree with Dave's idea on this, I think it's really noble to allow all of our users to always be together, and not support "inside clubs". The incentive for the premium is to give access to more content, not to allow premium users to be cut off from the rest of the users.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@71ranchero: @baillie:Yep, we can pin messages already, they show up under video :). Although with 2 video players sometimes hard to see, that's true, it's an exceptional case for E3.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@jslack: I don't disagree with that sentiment at all, but I think it works better in practice for small communities. I wouldn't want a premium chat for every event, just the giant ones that bring out extra thousands of commenters. This isn't a "paying customer thing" moreso just the perspective of anyone who is a huge fan of the site - it's a tremendous bummer to be in that chat full of people who are never there usually, who tend to be rude (or worse), and bring the chat timer up to 400+ seconds.

Like I said, I'm with Dave 99% of the year, and I suppose maybe if that's the case it isn't worth it to build something for that other 1%. Thanks for responding anyways!