Chromecast Support for Live Shows

Biddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Anyone else have problems casting live streams to Chromecast? Everytime I do, it always starts at the beginning of the stream and I'm not able to fast forward/skip to the live portion.

I'm able to cast the screen with my Nexus 6p, but it cuts out the edge of the video and makes my phone hot.

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EsDeib

I would really like to be able to watch the live Premium shows on Chromecast. I have the same problem as you, where I can use an app to send the video file to Chromecast, but then it doesn't play live, but from the beginning. Now that the live Bombcast is coming, I'd really love it if they could add live streams to the video buddy or something like that. I've used other apps that can send live video to Chromecast and work great (Like the NJPW app), so I know it has been done. I also have zero clue how hard it is, to do something like that, but I'd love to know if it can be done at all.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I use the casting extension for chrome. So I just cast the tab from my PC. Works great.

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a lot of trouble with that. It always has a bunch of tearing and artifacts and the like. Also, my laptop stutters a lot with GB live video, I dunno why. That's why I'm crossing my fingers for some native Chromecast solution. Otherwise I'm stuck watching in my phone. :'c

PimpSlappp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I try to cast any Giant Bomb content from Chrome on my Nexus 5, it fails and tells me it is "unable to cast due to site restrictions." This has happened for as long as I can remember, which is quite a bummer tbh. Not sure if I'm the only one to experience this particular thing?