#1 Posted by Demoskinos (15147 posts) -

So over the last few days Ive gotten several notifications for forum responses to some of my posts that when I click on the notification to be taken to the thread and respond are instead taken directly to the wiki page of the game/concept the thread sas about. I'm currently running Win7 64bit on the latest version of chrome.

#2 Edited by Chaser324 (6744 posts) -

Are you clicking on it in the drop down or on the notification page itself?

If the hyperlink itself is wrong, I'd assume it might actually be a server side issue, but have you tried clearing your cache to see if it's something old gumming up the works on your end?

It seems to be working for me in both places (Win7, Chrome beta latest).

#3 Posted by Aetheldod (3723 posts) -

@chaser324: The same happened to me yesterday dont know if it is alredy fixed .... I clicked on the dropdown

#4 Posted by Nightriff (5337 posts) -

Just started doing this to me

#5 Posted by Chaser324 (6744 posts) -

@demoskinos: @aetheldod: @nightriff: Ah. I think all of my recent notifications are for main forums (General Discussion, Off-Topic, Bug Reporting, etc.). Are those sort of notifications still working for you guys?

#6 Posted by Aetheldod (3723 posts) -

@chaser324: It forked fine for now ..... but alas its is for this thread in bug reporting. ^_^

#7 Edited by Demoskinos (15147 posts) -

@chaser324: I used the drop down menu. And yes notifications not tied to wiki pages function properly. Its just when its tied to a game board or something.

#8 Edited by Nightriff (5337 posts) -

Main threads work fine for me, seems to be wiki specific?

#9 Posted by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -

Yeah, this has been happening to me for the last day, as well. It seems to only be when a post is linked to a wiki page. It goes to the wiki page instead of the actual forum post.

So, there is a thread about Dark Souls, and when someone replied, the notification just linked to the Dark Souls page.

#10 Posted by RonGalaxy (3266 posts) -

Im not sure if Im getting notifications at all (yes, they are turned on). Could someone @ me so I can see If Im getting notifications?

#11 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I'm also experiencing this. I get a notification of a response in a thread attached to a specific game, and instead of taking me to the forum thread, clicking the link takes me to the game's wiki page.

#12 Posted by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -
#13 Posted by RonGalaxy (3266 posts) -
#14 Posted by LiquidPrince (16175 posts) -

Still broke for me.

#15 Edited by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -
#16 Posted by awesomeusername (4216 posts) -

Same is happening to me. Got notifications for a thread in the Warframe wiki and it was taking me to that page instead of the thread.

#17 Posted by Aegon (5831 posts) -

Happening here as well.

#18 Posted by Bollard (5844 posts) -

@chaser324: General discussion notifications work fine, just the ones attached to a wiki page are borked. Using the dropdown list, haven't tested otherwise.

#19 Posted by AMyggen (3636 posts) -
#20 Posted by Chaser324 (6744 posts) -
#21 Posted by TobbRobb (4842 posts) -

I've been getting this since yesterday. It's extremely annoying.

#22 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Still doing this for me.

#23 Posted by Humanity (10070 posts) -

It has also been happening to me for the past few days

#24 Edited by Noblenerf (332 posts) -

I had three notifications today for replies, two in a Dark Souls thread and one in a General Discussion thread. From the drop-down menu, the two Dark Souls notifications will link me to the Dark Souls wiki instead of the relevant thread while the General Discussion notification works as intended. Link to offending Dark Souls thread. Links offered by offending notifications. [1] [2]

#25 Posted by RonGalaxy (3266 posts) -

So this just happened to me. Notifications have been completely broken for me since the site update, but today I got a notification and it brought me to the wiki page for the threads topic.

Well, they werent completely broken. I was notified when someone started following me, but not for comments.

Can someone @ me to see if Im getting notifications consistently now? Wanna make sure it wasn't a fluke.

#26 Posted by Rorie (2987 posts) -

@narujoe93: test.

Known issue that's being looked into. Sorry for the trouble.

Staff
#27 Posted by RonGalaxy (3266 posts) -

@rorie said:

@narujoe93: test.

Known issue that's being looked into. Sorry for the trouble.

Okay, Im getting notifications again. Thanks!

#28 Edited by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Same with me, its weird as fuck.

#29 Posted by Andorski (5365 posts) -

Still have the same issue with all my notifications (click them on the top hover over menu). Using latest version of Chrome on Windows 8.1.

#30 Posted by CornBREDX (5995 posts) -

Ya it's been happening to me also recently.