Display times on upcoming events are busted for me.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So this has been a thing for me for awhile. Take for example the upcoming Bloodborne stream with Brad. The display will say its 4pm even though my local time (Eastern USA) its actually supposed to say 5pm. I don't think its my browser or PC either as I've loaded the page on my Android phone on my data connection instead of my home internet to similar results. The weirdest part of this is if I log out and continually refresh the front page the time will jump from 4pm to 2pm every time I refresh. Not sure exactly whats up or if somehow its just me.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guessing its just me then?

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Yeah I'm not getting this issue. All my times are in correct Australian time.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@demoskinos: Thanks for reporting. This has actually been posted multiple times, and unfortunately it's unlikely we can do much about it. Based on your ip address, we try to make a proper assumption of your time zone, then do the conversion based on our GMT. It works like 99% of the time for most people, but we've seen some people fall through the cracks before. There is almost nothing we can do about it - except for adding an additional setting for you to choose your timezone there. Do you get the same result, when using your cell phone, vs using your home internet?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Yeah, that one of the first things I tested was viewing the site on a completely different device (my phone) on a completely separate connection with my 4G data and the results are the same. I seem to be behind one hour no matter what. But now that I know that I guess I can just adjust in my head? Not a huge deal but glad to know that its a known issue even if its not something you can really readily fix on your end. Thanks for at the very least a response. :)

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@demoskinos: Curious, where are you actually located? Feel free to PM me to keep it confidential. Curious if there is a particular issue in a particular place, that we can replicate.