Downloaded videos corrupted

Matteo_of_Eld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Matteo_of_Eld

I've been downloading (using the premium member HD download functionality) all of my Giant Bomb vids for the last couple years for multiple reasons, including but not limited to my ongoing struggles with making the video player work, and the fact that I'm not able to spend as much time in areas with internet as I used to. Downloading them has allowed me to keep up with content on my own time, and save my place in each video. Unfortunately, all of the videos I've downloaded in the last couple weeks have been corrupted, no matter what resolution I chose. The download usually "completes" after only a few minutes and the videos themselves quit about 10 minutes in. It's seriously bumming me out. The reason I've remained a subscriber is because how theoretically easily I've been able to get all of your content, but as stated above, the video player has never worked well for me on either of my devices (my laptop running chrome or my Tab 4 also running chrome) and now I can't even download the videos without them crapping out on me.

Is there some new way they've been uploaded that is causing the problem? I would love if the issue could be addressed even if it's just looked into and not resolved. I understand all of the engineers are busy doing other things but I've considered cancelling my premium subscription because it is effectively worthless.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@matteo_of_eld: Can you give me some names of the specific videos that you're trying to download? Have you tried using a download manager like jdownloader or anything? If your connection is getting screwy in the middle of a big download it could cause this.

Matteo_of_Eld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie Thank you for responding! Those are both good points. I've never tried an independent downloader before, but it is definitely worth a shot. Not sure about the internet connectivity being and issue but I will look into that as well. The specific videos are the recent Giant Bomb Unplugged, the last three Demo Derbies, the last two UPFs, every Metal Gear Scanlon, and the most recent mailbag. It probably is something on my end somehow given that I haven't seen anyone else reporting this specific issue.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DrZing

The RSS feed sometimes/often gets bad entries (404 URLs) that are usually corrected within a short time. Just make sure your downloader can handle that. FWIW other than this, all the videos I've downloaded work perfectly. I use Download Station on a Synology NAS to auto-download most everything, and then Video Station to keep track of them and stream them on my iPad or to my TV. Best thing ever.

Matteo_of_Eld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I began using Jdownloader and that has solved the problem! Thanks for your help.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3