Editing Wiki Pages Deletes Data

admachina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By admachina

I was adding some metadata to the Kentucky Route Zero wiki page and as I added data, some of the data around it got deleted.

You can look at the following edits:

http://www.giantbomb.com/wiki/moderation/8957/

This one added some data to release pages, but it deleted some of the other data related to that release, specifically platform, region, and release date

http://www.giantbomb.com/wiki/moderation/8959/

This one linked some concepts, locations, etc, and I tried to add the Adventure genre (doesn't look like it took) but deleted the list of characters, as well as the list of platforms

http://www.giantbomb.com/wiki/moderation/8962/

This final one I made to try to repopulate the platforms and genre, as well as the character list, but it ended up deleting the release date, developer, and publisher

As another note, when I went to re-add the characters, the search bar showed both characters (Conway, Shannon) as being already linked to 1 Game, (presumably Kentucky Route Zero) but when I went to their character pages, they were not. I would guess that this is just a caching thing in the search bar, but thought that I'd pass it along anyways.

Edit: Using Chrome 24 on Windows 8

admachina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hesitant to replace the deleted edits, in fear that more will just be deleted again.

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By ltsquigs

So this morning one of our servers was freaking out, try editing it now and see if you still get these issues. I think the submission was getting halfway done and then erring out. Were disable Wiki Edits soon, but afterwards please try again and see if it still messes up.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

@ltsquigs: Has editing the pages been completely disabled for now because I was going to update a page with some info and I literally don't see the Edit button anywhere?

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Yep dave mentioned it a little bit ago, we are reimporting wiki points on objects to correct some stuff. We are re-enabling editing real soon.

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to stop posting from our staging environment because I dont think it clears the cache, so heres this to force it to fix itself.

admachina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks like its fixed

ReCkLeSs_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ReCkLeSs_X

Didn't want to start a new thread, but after I edited a wiki (Assassin's Creed 4), the changes did take effect, I got the wiki points added to my total, but the list of major edits on the side of my profile was oddly wiped.