#1 Posted by MoistKiwi (13 posts) -

Closing full screen causes the video to expand, I'm guessing, to a size similar to Embiggen except off-screen and not centered.

• Browser: Chrome
  • Adblock: Disabled (still occurs with it enabled)
#2 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (235 posts) -

I also am seeing this.

Browser: Firefox

No adblock.

#3 Posted by Baillie (4025 posts) -

Can't reproduce.

• OSX 10.9.1
  • Chrome
  • Adblock Disabled

Have you tried clearing your cookies?

#4 Posted by MoistKiwi (13 posts) -

@baillie: yup, cleared my cache and cookies. Then tried a different video, and it's still happening.

#5 Posted by Baillie (4025 posts) -
#6 Posted by MoistKiwi (13 posts) -

@baillie: nope, MacBook Air. Got it at the end of last year, too, in December.

#7 Posted by thomasnash (529 posts) -

I'm getting this, Windows 8 PC.

However it only happens when I quit by hitting the escape key. It works fine if I hit the button again.

#8 Posted by PeezMachine (233 posts) -

I'm getting this, Windows 8 PC.

However it only happens when I quit by hitting the escape key. It works fine if I hit the button again.

Same, except on Windows 7 using Firefox.

#9 Posted by RazorRamen (43 posts) -

Getting the same thing.

Windows 8.1 & Firefox 27.0

#10 Posted by Trilogy (2637 posts) -

Same problem over here. Windows XP with Firefox

#11 Posted by Chango (502 posts) -

Same problem here as well. On a Mac using Chrome. Also, videos aren't saving for me anymore. Meaning that once I exit a video prior to it finishing, it'll start back from the beginning every time. I'm sure it's just a small problem that'll get worked out eventually. Otherwise, I've had no problems with the video player.

#12 Edited by aceofspudz (915 posts) -

Same, even after I cleared my cookies.

Windows 7 SP1

Chrome 32.0.1700.107 m

Adblock: Enabled.

Oddly, it doesn't do this if I'm logged off. If you minimize using the button rather than the escape key, it doesn't do this.

#13 Posted by hollitz (1398 posts) -

Had this as well.

Windows 8.

Chrome.

No adblock.

#14 Posted by Quarters (1624 posts) -

Sorry, posted this on the duplicate topic. I saw it too.

Windows 7 64-bit.

Firefox.

Like others have said, it works fine if I just click the button. Only ESC causes this to happen.

#15 Posted by Abendlaender (2736 posts) -

I'm having this too.

Windows 8 64 Bit
Firefox

#16 Posted by MoistKiwi (13 posts) -

Pressing the escape key instead of using the button does keep the size normal.

Also I tested full screen on my Window 8.1 PC using Chrome at it works fine either way.

#17 Edited by KamasamaK (2407 posts) -

I get this as well when using the Esc key. I first noticed it on GameSpot when they launched their new design.

Using Firefox 27.0 on Windows 8.1

#18 Edited by AlwaysBeClothing (1443 posts) -

Using Firefox 26.0 on Win 7.

Only remains the fullscreen size when exiting fullscreen via the ESC key. If you push the fullscreen button on the player it resizes correctly.

#19 Posted by Rorie (2546 posts) -

Hmm I can't replicate this myself but I'll file a bug to see if @tsubomi can look into it.

Staff
#20 Posted by alexisg (379 posts) -

I think we have isolated the issue to happening when the browser itself is in fullscreen mode and then you try and fullscreen the video. Why the escape button is failing seems to be a browser specific quirk. We use a script to exit when you click the fullscreen button but allow the browser to do the exiting when you press esc. That all being said we are looking into it cause super gross this stinks.

Staff
#21 Posted by Benmo316 (400 posts) -

I have the same issue as OP.
OSX 10.9.1
Browser: Safari 7.0.1
I do not have Safari in fullscreen mode and I'm hitting ESC to exit the fullscreen video.
I see Alexis has replied above but I just thought I'd throw in my OS and browser info as well.

#22 Posted by RazorRamen (43 posts) -

@alexisg said:

I think we have isolated the issue to happening when the browser itself is in fullscreen mode and then you try and fullscreen the video. Why the escape button is failing seems to be a browser specific quirk. We use a script to exit when you click the fullscreen button but allow the browser to do the exiting when you press esc. That all being said we are looking into it cause super gross this stinks.

I don't use my browser in fullscreen mode and I get this issue every time I exit fullscreen video with esc. Windows 8.1 64 Bit and Firefox 27.

#23 Posted by MoistKiwi (13 posts) -

I think it's fixed. I'm not having any problems on my Macbook Air anymore.