#1 Posted by themangalist (1675 posts) -

It happened to me twice already. I was not using the quote function but the reply to user to function. I typed quite a long reply (both times), posted it, and somehow ALL the text has disappeared in my post.

I think it was because I started a new paragraph right after the @(username), then started typing... at least that was what I used to do and had done for those two posts i was talking about.

#2 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

This has been happening to me as well. I have found a temporary workaround where if you type out your response first and then press the reply button to the user in question it works just fine. Really hope it gets fixed, given I occasionally have problems when I'm trying to respond to people in the Santa hat photoshop thread.

#3 Posted by SarcasticMudcrab (138 posts) -

Happened to me past 2 times I post on the forum, using the latest firefox.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (22712 posts) -

This has happened to me once using Firefox.

#5 Posted by Itwongo (787 posts) -

Once on the android version of chrome.

#6 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

Yep happened to me on Firefox several times and I just rage quit the Giant Bomb forums as a result.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (34613 posts) -

I think I've had it happen to me in Chrome.

#8 Edited by Zeik (2113 posts) -

I've had it happen to me a lot over the last several months. It's actually prompted me to start copying all my text when I make a long post because it's super frustrating when it happens.

#9 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2812 posts) -

Yes this happened to me a few times with Chrome in the last week. Now I just never reply to anyone.

:(

#11 Posted by Rorie (2094 posts) -
Staff
#12 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

@rorie: No problem thanks for the update Rorie.