Firefox and Giantbomb/Gamespot Videoplayer

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

For months now, I can't properly fullscreen GiantBomb's player. Gamespot doesn't work either since their upgrade. Fullscreen is akin to pressing F11, as in the player expands to the very bottom of the screen, but the navigation stuff on top doesn't yield its screenspace. The player also always opens a dialog window about allowing or denying flash to do so.

Haven't watched a video on GiantBomb in months. Watching the videos on youtube instead. It would be nice though. Anybody know a workaround, other than using another browser?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By rorie

@seppli: Can you take a screenshot of what this looks like so that I can send it to the video people? Preferably of the GameSpot video player, as that's the one we're going to be going to pretty soon.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seppli

@rorie:

Notice the Navigation Bar persisting despite supposedly being fullscreen. Every website using this particular webplayer has this issue for me. I'm using the most recent version of Firefox and NoScript and Adblock (both disabled on GiantBomb).
Notice the Navigation Bar persisting despite supposedly being fullscreen. Every website using this particular webplayer has this issue for me. I'm using the most recent version of Firefox and NoScript and Adblock (both disabled on GiantBomb).

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rorie

@seppli: Just checking, are you just clicking the button, or are you mousing over it and selecting "full screen?" I think the behavior defaults to "fill browser," but when I choose "full screen" in firefox it seems to work correctly (at least on GameSpot's player, which is what's going to be rolling back to us pretty soon).

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@seppli: Just checking, are you just clicking the button, or are you mousing over it and selecting "full screen?" I think the behavior defaults to "fill browser," but when I choose "full screen" in firefox it seems to work correctly (at least on GameSpot's player, which is what's going to be rolling back to us pretty soon).

Just tried both, same result. Since that last big FireFox update, that's how your player behaves for me.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@seppli: How strange! I am using the latest Firefox and Adblock but it has still full-screened just fine on both sites.

Are you hitting the expand button in the bottom right of videos or hitting F11?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seppli

@seppli: How strange! I am using the latest Firefox and Adblock but it has still full-screened just fine on both sites.

Are you hitting the expand button in the bottom right of videos or hitting F11?

It's acting like I just pushed F11, when in fact I try to fullscreen the player by clicking the responding elements on the player.

Deadend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I Still have this problem did the OP ever find a solution? It happens on Vimeo and a few other sites as well if that helps at all.