Firefox, no flash plugin: video player broken.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Hi, the recent flash player exploits and its constant update nags have led me to get rid of it. Now GiantBomb videos are broken (they simply don't play - video title image dims but playback does not start). I've always used the HTML5 player so I was surprised by this. I can still stream the videos in-browser using the download options, so it's not connection related, and the new player used to work OK with flash installed.

I got Firebug on it to see what's what, and it breaks at line 122 of all.js, moaning that "m" is not defined in what seems like some flash-related code. Here's the stack:

hasVersion(g=function(), h="flash", m=undefined) all.js (line 122)

all.js() all.js (line 122)

I suspect other parts of the site might be acting up for me due to all.js not completing successfully. I don't run adblock.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

tommytoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry to hijack,

I've been asking for about a year now for a html5-option for the livestreams. Since current Android devices don't have support for flash i'm not able the watch the livestreams on my Android devices any more. Since i live in EU, i mostly try to catch UPF away from a computer and it really sucks not to be able to.

Is t here any news regarding this, i know you @rorie have been saying it's probably in the works with the new player and all.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CByrne

Firefox has atrocious html5 support for what ever reason... the worse thing is hangs and trying to seek the video when you refresh the page.

Mozilla has a Beta Aurora browser (nightly build so it will update all the time), the html5 support seems to be better for me at least.