Full screen video button not working in Chrome

Avatar image for steelknight2000
steelknight2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Clicking the fullscreen button on the video player results in the video filling the browser all the time, regardless of what option I select. The fullscreen option simply does not work, it just fills the browser window.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 10.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By szlifier

While this is being fixed, you can press F11 when it fills the window to make it fullscreen.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Monkeyman04

For me that was happening with an embedded youtube player.

Win7 with latest version of Chrome

sir_colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am having the same issue, Chrome on Windows 10.

Full screen does appear to be resizing correctly although the windows taskbar and chrome title bar are visible over the video cutting off the top and bottom.

@szlifier said:

While this is being fixed, you can press F11 when it fills the window to make it fullscreen.

This work around is good for now :D

Avatar image for thelagermeister
thelagermeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had the same trouble but when you exit out of a video that you pressed F11 to fullscreen, the Windows and Chrome taskbars are gone. So you have to press F11 again to get those back. I believe this just started happening to me within the past couple hours. I was watching last night with no trouble fullscreening videos.

hach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hach

@thelagermeister: pressing F11 makes the browser fullscreen not the video (hence it's a workaround), that's why it covers your taskbar, so you have to take the browser out of fullscreen by pressing F11 again.

Avatar image for thelagermeister
thelagermeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's exactly what I just said. I just mentioned you had to press F11 again in order to get your taskbars back, because the previous posters did not mention that. I could just see a post saying, "I pressed F11 but when the video was done I didn't have any of my taskbars back! Help! etc, etc."

Also, I just closed out of my browser and opened it back up and full screen works perfectly fine. I swear I did that before, but apparently not? So if you're having this trouble, just try to close the browser and open back up and it may work properly. I've been reading some Chrome bug reports and it seems to be a version 50 update bug. Quite a few reports within the past week or so of the same problem. Doesn't affect everyone, but some people say they fix the problem and it just comes back a couple hours later.