Game editing is borked

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

Earlier today, I tried to add all of the confirmed characters so far to Lego Batman 3. It kept telling me "Woops there's been an error" every time I tried to save. So, I went to each individual character page and added them that way. Then recently, I realized that the game was linked to XaviXport, which it is most assuredly is not being released on. It gives me the same error when I try to remove that platform, and I can't remove it from the XaviXport page.

Just to test whether it was just the LB3 page, I added a BS Capcom studio to Resident Evil 5's publisher list, with the explicit intent of changing it back if it accepted. It did, but now when I try to remove it, it grays out the Save Changes button and I can't do anything.

Is this something that's known and just doesn't seem to be talked about on the forum (like Twitter or whatever)? Is it just happening to me?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I was able to remove the test Publisher addition on the RE5 page just fine, so I think this may be on your end.

Also there's a Lego Batman 3 now?! EDIT: Ah, I tried adding Lego Marvel Super Heroes to Lego Batman 3's Similar Games and got the same error notice. I wonder if that XaviXport is indeed what's screwing it up? And on that note, the fuck is going on with all these broken default images for game pages?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kamranmackey: That only shows up because I instead added Lego Batman 3 to Lego Marvel's Similar games.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp, whatever this glitch is it's now affecting the Tales from the Borderlands page, too. Any attempts at editing brings up an error notice.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By BeachThunder

Solution

Those games have quarterly dates.

If you want to edit a game with a quarterly date: add the info, then add back the quarterly date (it always disappears when you start editing the page).

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew

Fucking bugs. Can a mod revert this? I don't deserve those points for those invalid removals. All I wanted to do was fix a damn typo.

NuclearWinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10 NuclearWinter  Moderator

Fucking bugs. Can a mod revert this? I don't deserve those points for those invalid removals. All I wanted to do was fix a damn typo.

Done.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ALL HAIL THE XAVIXPORT.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

@nuclearwinter: Oh, weird. Reverting keeps the points. Thanks though. :)