#1 Posted by Nadafinga (959 posts) -

I've noticed this on a few different game wikis now, where none of the Game Details info is showing up anymore. No platform, developer, franchise, or genre info, its all blank. I don't know if its just not showing up for me, or if its for everyone, but I tried it in firefox and explorer with the same results. I've seen this also with characters and concepts disappearing too.

See Space Marine for an example of game details missing, and Far Cry 3 has no related characters info. I don't have a problem with filling the info back in, but it would be nice to know why this is happening so we don't have to keep doing it.

(Also its not letting me upload a screenshot either.)

#2 Posted by Slag (4885 posts) -

yikes

this sounds like a pretty major bug, figured I better bump it to make sure it gets seen.

#3 Posted by mrpibb (467 posts) -

Hey guys

We're looking into this. Would you mind filling the data back in and we will monitor the objects?

thanks

#4 Posted by LtSquigs (269 posts) -

Ah this is being caused by the occasionally sporadic failure to connect to redis.....

I will put in some safe guards to prevent it from destroying the data, but you may not get wiki points for the object if this error occurs. It will at least prevent data from being corrupted.

I have restored Warhmammer 40k to the right data, I think I have a copy of Far Cry 3 I can restore. Let me know if there are other pages I can restore.

#5 Posted by LtSquigs (269 posts) -

Actually, if anyone has an even more recent example of this problem it would be really awesome. I dont think our issue tracker has the info that far back so its hard for me to make sure this is a redis problem.

#6 Posted by Nadafinga (959 posts) -

@ltsquigs said:

Actually, if anyone has an even more recent example of this problem it would be really awesome. I dont think our issue tracker has the info that far back so its hard for me to make sure this is a redis problem.

Don't know when it happened, but it looks like Guardians of Middle-earth has the bug as well. Hope that helps.