GB Roku App having problems

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I watch everything from GB on Roku,I just can't sit at a PC to watch things and last month or so ONLY the Giant Bomb channel has problems. At times the quality goes from HD to 240p but other channels have no problem and it's random a video be playing and then mid video get a loading bar and 240P. Other times the screen goes black a second then while still hearing the audio of the video the channel shows the channel icon and that the channel is loading not the video and this is random. These issues only happen with Giant Bomb plus the review videos not updated since Skyward Sword.

Is there any way GB can fix the app or have it updated?

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@ryudo: Hello. We've recently introduced a "video quality" report button on the website video player, due to some potential issues with our CDN provider. Unfortunately since we don't control the Roku app, that feature isn't present there. I wonder if you see this kind of quality degradation on the website as well? If so, when you see the issue, go ahead and report the issue on the video player.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Not to hijack this thread but I'm curious as to why GB doesnt have control of the Roku app? Does Roku control all that? Also, what are the chance of seeing a redesign on the app? It would be great to get a live feed section and right now there is a ton of old content that can't be accessed on the app.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu: Development resources ;) We just make the API, and the community built an app to injest the feed. We are thankful to have such a great community! We love people who use our API. If I was allowed to work on third party apps, I would love to, as it's one of my programming passions :)

stingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason the Reviews portion of the app hasn't been updating, while the rest app's content streams seem to have.

evilmax17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Not true, the current GB Roku app was coded in-house and you guys have full control over it.

https://github.com/WhiskeyMedia/roku/tree/master/giantbomb

Have at it homey.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jslack

@evilmax17: Hey - we aren't Whiskey Media, and we do not have control over it. Whiskey Media has nothing to do with CBSi anymore.

It was created by other developers, that are no longer here. I have no influence on that repo.