• 76 results
#1 Posted by Fattony12000 (7321 posts) -

I saw this tweet last night saying Giant Bomb could/would be getting quests back? Is that a thing?

Really? Is this really really gonna be a thing? I hope so! I loved things!

I can't find the linked video under the Giant Bomb Twitch archive so I assume it was streamed elsewhere. Did anyone here tune in?

#2 Posted by Itwongo (1185 posts) -

Sweet if it is!

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11860 posts) -

Finally.

Also:

#4 Posted by Fattony12000 (7321 posts) -

#5 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Urgh, quests were like trying to find research for a paper, except it was pointless.

#6 Posted by TruthTellah (8850 posts) -

Wait, whaaaat?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ycXG8QVtwbw/TzNpAapX8CI/AAAAAAAAB20/tSKy-ivPGlY/w800-h800/6e7992b3jw1dp5m6i1d38g.gif

#7 Posted by DeF (4863 posts) -

To be honest, I'd prefer if they fixed or polished up the site first before adding goofy stuff like that again. Having trouble editing the wiki due to weird bugs on a regular basis or having some of the site UI still missing obvious improvements should be dealt with first.

#8 Edited by TruthTellah (8850 posts) -

@def said:

To be honest, I'd prefer if they fixed or polished up the site first before adding goofy stuff like that again. Having trouble editing the wiki due to weird bugs on a regular basis or having some of the site UI still missing obvious improvements should be dealt with first.

I'm guessing they have people dedicated to that, but while they fight it, I don't think they have to ignore adding features. Not to mention, I imagine the return of Quests may have something to do with advertising and the potential there...

"Way to go on finding every game with pizza in them! How about celebrating your achievement with a tasty Domino's Pizza?"

#9 Posted by Mijati (910 posts) -

I'd rather have achievement tracking back rather than quests to be honest. Hopefully with the new consoles they'll make the achievements/trophy data easy to get at.

#10 Edited by ajamafalous (11964 posts) -

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yesssssssssssssssssssssssss.

EDIT: Guess I'll do this too:

#11 Posted by Darson (451 posts) -

@mcghee said:

Urgh, quests were like trying to find research for a paper, except it was pointless.

Except?

#12 Posted by TruthTellah (8850 posts) -

@ajamafalous: Wait, how are yall looking at your old user pages with the Quests section? Or do you just have old pictures of your profile around on your computer?

#13 Posted by probablytuna (3626 posts) -

Welllllllllllllllllllllll shit.

#14 Posted by mosespippy (4127 posts) -

It sure would be nice to have quests back. Which reminds me, I made a 500000 exp bet on I'm Calling It when GTA V got announced. Should be up soon and if that game is a 5 then I'll be scoring big!

#15 Posted by BisonHero (6453 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

@ajamafalous: Wait, how are yall looking at your old user pages with the Quests section? Or do you just have old pictures of your profile around on your computer?

You guys that have screencaps of your Quest completion are a bunch of fuckin' weirdos. THERE I SAID IT.

#16 Posted by TruthTellah (8850 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

You guys that have screencaps of your Quest completion are a bunch of fuckin' weirdos. THERE I SAID IT.

Maybe they were just recording it for posterity right before the site changed? I suppose that could maybe make some sense.

#17 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@darson said:

@mcghee said:

Except?

Uh . . . yes. Except.

#18 Edited by Fattony12000 (7321 posts) -

Since I have you scumbags actually here in one of my threads, for a change, I'm just gonna post this link here. Because, well, you duders don't seem to like posting on things that actually matter.

#questsarestillrealtomedamnit

I'm going to Japan >>> >> >

There, I've even given you a preview of the thread as well, how nice.

#godineedqueststocomebackormylifewillhavenomeaning

We have jpgs (or pngs). Precious precious jpgs (or pngs). Aged in our digital lockers for consumption at just the right time.

#19 Edited by MEATBALL (3200 posts) -

FUCK YES. I loved the Quest System, particularly the way new quests would add to the hype of a new release or event. I've missed that sort of thing for so long.

Hopefully when the new systems hit both MS and Sony will make it easy to pull achievement/trophy data and the guys'll be able to bring that feature back too eventually.

#20 Posted by cloudnineboya (807 posts) -

Not bothered about quests but i do miss the quiz thingy.

#21 Edited by TruthTellah (8850 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@darson said:

@mcghee said:

Except?

Uh . . . yes. Except.

You're so negative sometimes, McGhee. Be happy! :D

http://31.media.tumblr.com/23369262b603139e8517720d9b7557f9/tumblr_mlhd0kJGGK1snht12o1_500.gif

#22 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@truthtellah: If quests were rewarded with Jessica gifs, then they would at least be worth something. ;)

#23 Posted by AndrewB (7592 posts) -

I'm sure that means the return of turbotoaster (Kat), right? @

Right?

(I haven't been around much lately, and noticed the site no longer even acknowledges the username)

#24 Posted by jimmyfenix (3853 posts) -

Does anyone know if they plan to bring back Achievement/trophy tracking?

#25 Posted by TruthTellah (8850 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@truthtellah: If quests were rewarded with Jessica gifs, then they would at least be worth something. ;)

I imagine they may still be open to improving the new feature. ;)

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/280/4/6/snsd_jessica_____the_boys_____gif_by_teklaa-d4c3j98.gif

#26 Edited by Abendlaender (2789 posts) -

I liked the quests, glad they are coming back

#27 Posted by Abendlaender (2789 posts) -

I liked the quests, glad they are coming back

#28 Edited by cloudnineboya (807 posts) -

@truthtellah: Who is she, it feels like my heart exploded and rays of sunshine are shooting out of the Gif, I am mesmerized by the beauty.

#29 Posted by Morningstar (2150 posts) -

@mijati said:

I'd rather have achievement tracking back rather than quests to be honest. Hopefully with the new consoles they'll make the achievements/trophy data easy to get at.

I agree.

#30 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1090 posts) -

Quests would be cool to have back.

#31 Edited by McGhee (6094 posts) -
#32 Posted by PollySMPS (222 posts) -

Please no dumb "First!" quest.

#33 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@def said:

Agreed, sort of. I just want the ability to add multiple captions in one session. It's a pain in the ass as it is.

#34 Posted by BeachThunder (11860 posts) -
@def said:

Yep, the wiki is still preeeeeeetty broken. The dropdown list for linking other pages was appearing on the left hand side of the screen, then just disappearing entirely before. I suppose it's working better than before though...

Also, some pages just cannot be edited and will just throw an error if you try to submit anything.

#35 Posted by Nightriff (5027 posts) -

@mijati said:

This

#36 Posted by ajamafalous (11964 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

@bisonhero said:

@truthtellah said:

Maybe they were just recording it for posterity right before the site changed? I suppose that could maybe make some sense.

Yeah, I took a screenshot of it right after I completed it; was so stoked about that quest set and being the 4th person to finish it. Stayed up all night waiting for it to launch and then joined the zeitgeist of figuring out what each quest was with the ~50 or so dudes who were rushing to finish that set. Ended up finishing it (including the First! quest and even Remarkin' Spartan (be the 300th comment on a forum thread) before it was removed) in a couple of hours. The only people that beat me were Bodega, (I think) Hamz, and one other dude, and clearly Bodega and Hamz used their moderator powers for evil to cheat and finish first.

#37 Posted by Slag (4269 posts) -

Wow that's an unexpected surprise!

Hopefully Achievements will come back too?

#38 Posted by ZombiePie (5644 posts) -

@def said:

Yep, the wiki is still preeeeeeetty broken. The dropdown list for linking other pages was appearing on the left hand side of the screen, then just disappearing entirely before. I suppose it's working better than before though...

Also, some pages just cannot be edited and will just throw an error if you try to submit anything.

Who said that that wasn't happening also, or that re-introducing Quests are high on the developer's work log.? It was confirmed that they plan on bringing some stuff back, but also confirmed that fixing the video player and getting the GameSpot revision complete were their top priorities and that they have other stuff planned for Giant Bomb and Comic Vine.

#39 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
#40 Posted by GreggD (4490 posts) -

Dude, I hope we get some new cRPG quest sets, I gotta get my fix.

#41 Posted by Mento (2512 posts) -

While I'm in the "make everything work first" camp, the return of Quests is something people can get way more hyped about. Plus, it's good for advertising and just traffic in general. Makes a whole lot of sense, especially given what Steam's doing at the moment.

Talking of which, if they could somehow compound that with Giant Bomb Trading Cards we'd be really talking. We do still have all those baseball cards that Dave Snider made. Browse Giant Bomb for an hour and you might unlock a limited-edition foil Luchadeer rookie card!

#42 Edited by TheHT (11155 posts) -

@mcghee said:

@darson said:

@mcghee said:

Except?

Uh . . . yes. Except.

Hmmm, does it count as a wink if you blink and then leave one eyelid closed?

#43 Posted by TruthTellah (8850 posts) -

@theht said:

@truthtellah said:

@mcghee said:

@darson said:

@mcghee said:

Except?

Uh . . . yes. Except.

It does. It's the thought that counts.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30600000/-TTS-Twinkle-MV-taetiseo-30680345-500-281.gif

#44 Edited by TruthTellah (8850 posts) -

@theht said:

@truthtellah said:

@mcghee said:

@darson said:

@mcghee said:

Except?

Uh . . . yes. Except.

It does. It's the thought that counts.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30600000/-TTS-Twinkle-MV-taetiseo-30680345-500-281.gif

#45 Posted by RecSpec (3805 posts) -

@mento said:

While I'm in the "make everything work first" camp, the return of Quests is something people can get way more hyped about. Plus, it's good for advertising and just traffic in general. Makes a whole lot of sense, especially given what Steam's doing at the moment.

Talking of which, if they could somehow compound that with Giant Bomb Trading Cards we'd be really talking. We do still have all those baseball cards that Dave Snider made. Browse Giant Bomb for an hour and you might unlock a limited-edition foil Luchadeer rookie card!

The trading cards were amazing, and now I'm bummed that those aren't coming back.

#46 Posted by L1GHTN1N (448 posts) -

@beachthunder said:
@def said:

Who said that that wasn't happening also, or that re-introducing Quests are high on the developer's work log.? It was confirmed that they plan on bringing some stuff back, but also confirmed that fixing the video player and getting the GameSpot revision complete were their top priorities and that they have other stuff planned for Giant Bomb and Comic Vine.

If I remember right from the chat they said it was something they wanted to do and to try and implement a Salty Bet's style betting system, but there were more important things they are working on right now so it would still be a ways off (such as better video player and Gamespot's update).

#47 Edited by 49th (2735 posts) -

No threads ever. Get on my level.

#48 Posted by Fattony12000 (7321 posts) -
@49th said:

No threads ever. Get on my level.

You can't see me. You can't see me.

#49 Posted by Brake (1097 posts) -

I remember being obsessed with a new set of quests whenever they dropped. And sometimes dedicating way too much time to finishing them. That effin pink submarine still haunts my memories. It all seems so weird looking back on it.

#50 Posted by joshwent (2175 posts) -

First!