• 74 results
#51 Posted by RazorRamen (49 posts) -

@mrpibb this appears to be fixed for me, thanks for looking into it.

#52 Posted by dbones80 (2 posts) -

Still can't play premium videos on my Amazon Fire TV. @razorramen Did it start working for you automatically, or did you have to do anything in particular?

#53 Posted by dvorak (1497 posts) -

I can't get any videos working through Plex on Amazon Fire TV, even using the code.

#54 Edited by TheeGravedigger (93 posts) -

Attempting to use plex to get giantbomb videos up on a chromecast, no luck.

Edit. An hour later, I got it working. I should write up some documentation, becuase I had a heck of a time getting this to run.

#55 Posted by RazorRamen (49 posts) -

@dbones80: Didn't change anything, it just started working. Checked today and it was still working.

#56 Posted by TheeGravedigger (93 posts) -

It was working, it has now died. And when I try to open it via plex, it says that the channel isn't responding.

#57 Posted by ZGoon (272 posts) -

I just started using Plex because I got a chromecast, and I can't even play the videos in the plex player never mind through chromecast.

#58 Edited by rebelcrusader (1 posts) -
#59 Edited by Pyronite (40 posts) -

I'm not able to find where to add the link key (giantbomb.com/plex) anymore, and as a result, I can't see any subscriber videos.

Am I just missing it? There is no "settings" gear within the Giant Bomb channel anymore.

#60 Posted by ascagnel (76 posts) -

Does the Plex channel support sync? Right now I use Plex for basically everything, even on my phone & tablet, but I use GB Video Buddy since it lets me download videos ahead of time.

#61 Posted by splatdotoz (1 posts) -

@pyronite: I'm experiencing the same problem. Have you had any luck?

#62 Posted by Pyronite (40 posts) -

@pyronite: I'm experiencing the same problem. Have you had any luck?

No luck! Hoping someone who knows better than I do comes in and knows the answer to (or is able to fix) the issue.

#63 Posted by Slow_pC (246 posts) -

I was wondering the same thing ... :(

#64 Edited by RazorRamen (49 posts) -

@pyronite said:

I'm not able to find where to add the link key (giantbomb.com/plex) anymore, and as a result, I can't see any subscriber videos.

Am I just missing it? There is no "settings" gear within the Giant Bomb channel anymore.

Having the same issue. @mrpibb or @rorie any idea if/when this will be fixed?

#65 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -

@razorramen: Hmm, I'm not sure. I know @alexisg uses Plex, or has in the past, so he should hopefully be able to look into this? Or maybe @frobie?

Staff
#66 Posted by jbs231 (1 posts) -

Just wanted to chime in that the settings button is gone for me as well in the GB plex channel. Hope this gets fixed soon.

#67 Posted by Sign (292 posts) -

Same for me

#68 Edited by guanophobic (309 posts) -

Yup, same here.

I'm guessing that the plex app's audience is way too small to get any real effort from the GB guys.

Is there a way to maybe open source the app? @alexisg?

The plex app is used just as much as the website on my end, would love to see it get some continued love :)

#69 Posted by Slow_pC (246 posts) -

Im with you guano ... don't want to airplay things when I don't need to.

#70 Posted by digeratiX90 (59 posts) -

No settings option for me either.

#71 Posted by MrHeist (17 posts) -

No subscriber videos and no settings here either

#72 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -

I'll see if we can get some time for an engineer to look into this next week.

Staff
#73 Posted by frobie (123 posts) -

Here are my findings so far:

Plex updated the way they pull down videos. Instead of grabbing it from the API, they are grabbing the meta data from our site's video pages. In this update, they also removed the link code from the plugin repository.

So current workaround is to log into GiantBomb with your subscription account using the same browser that you're running the Plex Media Server. This allows Plex to grab the meta data of premium videos.

I'll be working on getting Plex to accept direct video feeds rather than hitting up our site pages for it.

Staff
#74 Posted by guanophobic (309 posts) -
@frobie said:

So current workaround is to log into GiantBomb with your subscription account using the same browser that you're running the Plex Media Server. This allows Plex to grab the meta data of premium videos.

I'll be working on getting Plex to accept direct video feeds rather than hitting up our site pages for it.

That's not working for me, anyone else?
There's also no way for me to use a browser on the couch. I use my smart-TV's plex client to access the plex server.

#75 Edited by Laika (125 posts) -

@frobie said:

That's not working for me, anyone else?

There's also no way for me to use a browser on the couch. I use my smart-TV's plex client to access the plex server.

Plex changed this without consulting or notifying us. (This happened in April: https://github.com/plexinc-plugins/GiantBomb.bundle/pull/9) @frobie is trying to work on a fix, but it's ultimately up to them.

Staff