Giantbomb player buffering not in sync with actual file.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I was listening to the Bombcast via the player, and shockwave decided to crash for no reason, so I had to reload the page. I waited for the buffering to reach the approximate location of where I left off, and I found out that the player isn't getting the correct time for some reason. Clicking the middle of the bar (halfway through the podcast) brings up a portion very early on. I think this is a multiplier issue because no matter where I click, the player always brings up something within the first 15 minutes.

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I have a mildly similar problem. Anytime I pause the player, it's like it's rewinding the amount of time I have it paused. Was listening to the Bombcast last week, paused it at, let's say, the 30 minute mark. Came back 5 minutes later, and it was a part I had already heard .The timer is still going forward, but the audio is definitely wrong. Been doing this for about a month or 2 for me.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Subjugation

I have a mildly similar problem. Anytime I pause the player, it's like it's rewinding the amount of time I have it paused. Was listening to the Bombcast last week, paused it at, let's say, the 30 minute mark. Came back 5 minutes later, and it was a part I had already heard .The timer is still going forward, but the audio is definitely wrong. Been doing this for about a month or 2 for me.

I have this same problem. The progress bar shows me at the end of the file, but I'm definitely not there as the podcast is still playing. I also have the rewinding going on anytime I pause the file and then come back later. I have to listen to ten or twenty minutes of stuff I've already heard, sometimes more.