Google+ Log-in conflict with Premium Podcast URL

MachoElbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MachoElbow

Howdy. I need a little help. I've been trying to use https://username:password@www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premium/ to get premium podcasts to run through Pocketcasts on Android. Problem is, i'm not certain what my username and password are because my account is linked to my google account.

Is it possible to use this URL if my account is linked via google?

Is it possible to remove the google link if so? This functionality would be worth it to me.

Is there a way to pull my username and password if they do exist in some capacity on your end?

Thank you.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@romanblaines: Hey there,

The google+ login stuff is a bit wonky for this reason, working on fixing that. In the mean time, your username is RomanBlaines, and I have sent you a password assistance email (probably in Spam). Let me know if that works out for you.

MachoElbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack:

Thanks for the prompt help. I got the reset link, but when I click it, I just get taken to the Giant Bomb homepage. have tried logged in as well as logged out with the same results. Any further steps I can take?

Thanks again.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@romanblaines: Ah ok, thanks for trying. Could you also try pasting the email link into an incognito window? Sounds like it's taking your existing cookie and bypassing.

MachoElbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Thanks again J. I tried both an incognito window as well as a different browser (internet explorer, which is completely unused on my system,) and got the same result, just a loop to the homepage.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@romanblaines: Ya, it's finding your social login and then re-authing you. Kind of a bug. I'll disassociate it, if that's ok, then you'll be able to reset password.

MachoElbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MachoElbow

@jslack Please do! Thanks for all the help

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@romanblaines: Ok cool. Disassociated your social, and sent a password reset. Let me know. If you have any issues where you can't login, email joseph.slack [at] cbsinteractive [dotcom]

MachoElbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack Thanks for all your help. Just so you know, since I figure you need feedback on what's going on, the links you sent me, all the way up to the most recent one on the 10th, kept giving me the same loop back to the homepage. When I clicked the lost password link on the login page, I was sent a link that worked. We are good to go. For future reference, if I were to re-associate my google account, would that then block me out of the premium podcast feed (which is now working, btw)? Thanks for all your help, great support here!

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@romanblaines: Really appreciate the feedback. As full disclosure we are re-building our login/auth stuff at the moment to get rid of these kinds of known issues. I'll see if I can make the automated email send only the lost password one in that case. If you re-associate with a new social account, your current pass will still work, so you should be good to go. In the new system, we will allow you to add a password even if you have an already linked social account.

If anything messes up with your account in the process, feel free to contact me, I'll make sure you are taken care of.