#1 Posted by dancingpolkabear (191 posts) -

Over the past two weeks I've been starting to hear a high pitched continuous ringing sound throughout all the giantbomb content they record. Now I know this isn't my end that's messing up, as it's only the videos that giant bomb is recording that the sound comes up. Is this something that is going to be addressed?

Sorry don't want to sound rude or anything but I quite literally can barely watched any of the videos without being driven mad by this sound. Or have I already gone crazy and the sound doesn't exist?

#2 Edited by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

@dancingpolkabear: Want to link to a specific video you're hearing it in? And specific time would be lovely.

#3 Posted by dancingpolkabear (191 posts) -
#4 Edited by TehBuLL (571 posts) -

umm....I got nothing. Your monitor or speakers are going.

#5 Posted by ElixirBronze (356 posts) -
#6 Edited by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

@tehbull said:

@sexytoad said:

@dancingpolkabear: Want to link to a specific video you're hearing it in? And specific time would be lovely.

I hear what he was talking about. I doubt both of us are hearing things. It seems to be the mics.

#7 Edited by adrianoml (2 posts) -

I am also bothered by that high pitched noise. Luckily I took a screen-shot with a sound visualizer during the xbone stream. Took it around the ending, while they were unboxing a xbox one.

http://postimg.org/image/cqf30dqdd/full/

I could only hear it myself during silent moments.

#8 Posted by Jetlag (19 posts) -
#9 Posted by fleabeard (135 posts) -

I noticed it during the Xbox stream, and only the Xbox stream. It got really bad when things got quiet.

#10 Edited by moppes (1 posts) -

Here's a spectrogram of a silent part during Unprofessional Wednesdays: http://i.imgur.com/EIFInNi.png

You can easily see the spikes at 3.8kHz, 7.8kHz, 11.8kHz and 15.8kHz. This was taken directly from the stream, so there's no way I caused it myself.

#11 Edited by ikilledthedj (279 posts) -
#12 Edited by Parsnip (1068 posts) -

I too am quite bothered by this high pitch sound.

#13 Edited by Rorie (2104 posts) -
Staff
#14 Edited by Korwin (2724 posts) -

Yeah it's really been bugging me on the recent live streams, it's like there's constant noise on the line (possibly from the capture gear?).

@tehbull said:

You're either old or you need to get your ears tested :P

That or your sounds setup isn't able to produce ultra high frequency sounds :)

#15 Posted by Superkenon (1198 posts) -

It's something I definitely noticed while watching with headphones, but not out of speakers -- presumably because it would need to be up much louder for a sound like that to carry.

#16 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Guys, I just thought of something. You might have tinnitus... I have... ;_;

#17 Edited by Matoyak (229 posts) -

I've noticed this as well when using headphones (multiple different headphones. All working perfectly). Not so with speakers.

@nekroskop said:

Guys, I just thought of something. You might have tinnitus... I have... ;_;

Tinnitus wouldn't show up on spectrograms and sound visualizers like this does. :p

#18 Posted by deerokus (517 posts) -

It's the opposite, they probably have very good ears. There are certain frequencies which only young people can hear :(.

#19 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@matoyak: My pain doesn't show up on spectrograms and sound visualizers...