#1 Posted by NoRemnants (384 posts) -

I can't get the HTML 5 video player to work at all. When I switch to the HTML 5 player it just throws up the giant play button and does nothing. Clicking either play buttons does not start playback.

Chrome 24.0.1312.57 m

Windows 8 64-bit

Latest Radeon drivers.

#2 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

What do you mean "switch to the HTML5 player"? I see no option to "switch" players.

#3 Edited by bibamatt (1088 posts) -

Same here. 'Streaming' setting works, but when I switch to HTML5, it won't play anything at all.

@snail said:

What do you mean "switch to the HTML5 player"? I see no option to "switch" players.

I hover over the little 'settings' cog on the player and there's a bunch of options. It's set to 'streaming' by default.

#4 Posted by Nictel (2412 posts) -

Strange, works perfectly fine for me. What quality are you on? Try the Low quality setting, perhaps the loading for HD/High just takes so long for you that you think it isn't working when it actually is.

#5 Posted by TobbRobb (4652 posts) -

I have the opposite problems. Streaming or Progressive are just black screens. But Html5 is flawless. :/

#6 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -
@bibamatt said:

Same here. 'Streaming' setting works, but when I switch to HTML5, it won't play anything at all.

@snail said:

I hover over the little 'settings' cog on the player and there's a bunch of options. It's set to 'streaming' by default.

I don't see an HTML5 option though. Maybe it's because I'm not using Chrome?

#7 Posted by Drazyr (4 posts) -

I'm having the same issue as OP, streaming and progressive work fine (besides some buffering issues), but switching to HTML5 does nothing. Changing the quality to low bares no results.

Browser: Chrome Version 25.0.1364.84 beta-m

#8 Posted by waterlovinguy (22 posts) -

HTML5 will display for browsers that pass a H 264 test, and not all do at this point, and the test, while good, is not perfect.

We only support release browsers and not nightly or beta versions.

We have received a few reports of wonk in Chrome. Unfortunately, even when both the Windows versions and Chrome versions match, sometimes the behaviors reported are different. We are looking into these. Please keep reporting them.

Thanks