HTML 5 Videos Don't Load Sometimes

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I didn't see a thread about this so if there is one, lock this one up.

When I try and watch a video using HTML 5, sometimes the video loads and sometimes it doesn't. Progressive and Streaming work fine, it's just HTML 5 that has problems for me. Trying to watch the Strider Quick Look and I'm currently having problems loading it using HTML 5. I have deleted Cache and Cookies and the problem still exists.

Anyone else having the same issue as me?

Firefox 27.0.1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yup having the same issues.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sweetz

Same here, also on Firefox and Win 7. It's completely random, sometimes HTML5 videos start fine, other times they do not.

I also have an iPad and while the videos (which have to be HTML5 in that case) do eventually load, sometimes there's a rather long delay (upwards for 20-30 seconds) before they start. I wonder with Firefox if HTML5 video take too long to respond, it just gives up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Does AdBlock have something to do with this, I wonder? I have the same issue.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't use AdBlock, so nope.

CouldbeRolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CouldbeRolf

I have the same issue. Firefox and windows 8 x64

And i don't use adblock

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sweetz

So I discovered that after the video fails to load, you can right click in the video area -> Play and then it will played.

Seems like Firefox doesn't like something about how the videos initialize from the player sometimes and must be manually told to start the video.

Weird that this seemingly happens at random, but it's probably a Firefox problem and at least there's a manual workaround that isn't too much of a hassle.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@sweetz said:

So I discovered that after the video fails to load, you can right click in the video area -> Play and then it will played.

Seems like Firefox doesn't like something about how the videos initialize from the player sometimes and must be manually told to start the video.

Weird that this seemingly happens at random, but it's probably a Firefox problem and at least there's a manual workaround that isn't too much of a hassle.

Tried it out and it worked. Guess I will Right Click then if the videos don't load sometimes. Nice find!