HTML 5 won't play initially

scrappypixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By scrappypixels

I've ran into this problem in the past few weeks where videos refuse to play in HTML 5.

It greys out and won't allow me to change my quality preferences so i have to refresh the entire page.

The only way I've got around this is by changing it to streaming and then back to HTML 5 afterward. After that i had to hit pause then play and it will start.

I'm using Firefox which i know has some buggy issues with video players but this problem has only started more recently. Just thought I'd post it here as it seemed relevant (plus in case any one else had ran into this issue)

Cheers duders!

scrappypixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By scrappypixels

This is still a persistent problem for myself. Now the video will freeze also and the audio just keeps running, meaning i have to close the entire tab. I have tried it on Chrome and the same problem exists, albeit less regularly.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Running Windows 7 with Firefox 31 and having the same exact issue.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive ALWAYS had this issue and ive brought it up before. i have to actually right click and choose play to get it to wake the hell up

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It'd make things a whole lot easier if you stated what your setup was. I don't have any of these problems on my Mac OS X Yosemite, Chrome Version 36.0.1985.143.