#1 Posted by Meltbrain (2968 posts) -

Hi there,

I posted about this before but I'm still having this issue on almost every video on the site, though on very rare occasions videos do play properly. The basic jist is that on the new player, I click play (for example on Breaking Brad) and as the still fades to black and the video should pop in, nothing happens. It just fades slightly and sticks and the video never loads. If I switch from HD quality to low (high doesn't seem to work) the video starts playing, and I can then switch back to HD quality once the video is playing.
Any ideas why this is happening?

- Watching using HTML5 in HD quality

- Latest version of Firefox

- Win7 64-bit

#2 Edited by Rorie (2714 posts) -
Staff
#3 Posted by Sweetz (491 posts) -

Same for other Firefox users.

There's a workaround, after the video fails to load, right click in video area -> Play. Seems to be a Firefox problem and not a Giant Bomb problem.

#4 Posted by Thedrbrian (62 posts) -

It's stopped working in Opera too.

#5 Posted by Meltbrain (2968 posts) -

@sweetz said:

Same for other Firefox users.

There's a workaround, after the video fails to load, right click in video area -> Play. Seems to be a Firefox problem and not a Giant Bomb problem.

Thanks for that, that's definitely useful in the interim. I do hope it is fixed soon, though.

#6 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

I have a similar issue, but in Chrome. If I play a video Embeggend it just doesn't play like he described. If I start it small and then expand it, it works just fine.