I don't like your fonts!

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#1  Edited By Kidavenger

I don't know where to post this, I guess this is as good as any though it's absolutely not a bug.

The font used for the header/menu bar on the site with the bold/spacing/font, all the letters run into each other, doesn't look great, not a big issue because it's pretty obvious what most of it says, but the countdown timer for the live events is harder to read than it needs to be.

Also, it would be nice if the live event title text either wrapped to a second line or make the search box smaller (it's huge I can't imagine anyone ever actually coming anywhere near filling that)

No Caption Provided

Not complaining, I'm sure their are reasons for the way everything is how it is now, but if it's just for no reason, it could be fixed I think.

No Caption Provided

If you look at "videos" on gamespot, the eos doesn't run together the way it does here.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

paging Windows Chrome dev team! Fuck they have the worst font renderer in the world. They have a perfectly fine font rendering solution on windows called DirectWrite and still they have not updated to use it. There is an issue tracker out there somewhere with like a billion people waiting for them to implement it. They keep saying soon...

That being said, yeah we need to take another pass at making Windows Chrome font adjustments for all the sites again. I'll look into making that Live Show box wider.

drshilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@alexisg I spotted this fix a couple of weeks ago, it serves the SVG version to Webkit browsers. Guessing you don't want to do that site wide since I think there are a few issues with SVG type but it might be useful on a few of the smaller elements.

Wish they'd hurry up and fix the rendering engine though.

alexisg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drshilliams: yeah unfortunately we use typekit to serve our fonts and can't control what gets served first. Also the size of svg fonts are usually anywhere from 2x to 4x the size. :(

CynicalBuzzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no problem with the fonts that Giantbomb uses.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Well at least it ain't Papyrus or Comic Sans.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@slag: Serious questions: anywhere that I can find some unholy merging of papyrus and comic sans?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@slag: Serious questions: anywhere that I can find some unholy merging of papyrus and comic sans?

If there is, I don't want to know.

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just make everything Helvetica. Boom. Problem solved.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

yes, this is a pet peeve of mine too. I wouldn't have used a serif font in the first place though but HEY whatever... I guess it looks classy. :)