Internet not cooperating with CBSi sites...

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders....

So I got home from work and was so happy to check the newest episode of MGS because shit is about to get crazy, but for some reason I can't watch any videos from CBSi sites... Giant bomb and gamespot at least.. they load super slow and stop to buffer constantly even though i can steam 1080p fine on youtube and can stream HD on netflux fune..

i eventually said, fuck it, ill download the newest mgs and watch it later... but it is downloading at 14kbps! wtf!

can anyone help me out here? thanks.

Robinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

You don't happen to have Hola running on a chrome browser? or any other extension that might hide your actual IP? I've found that those programs do not react well with the CBSi structure.

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tuxfool

@robinson: Actually I found that using a proxy sometimes helps. For example sometimes on Livestreams the video has to stop and buffer very 10 seconds or so. Using a proxy breaks the chat but it helps the video.

Could it be due to routing issues somewhere closer to home? @methodman008 I recommend trying the video with something like Hola or Zenmate (or any other proxy service) and see if that helps or not.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was gonna make a thread but I'll jump in here and say same here. My issues have been going on for like 2-3 weeks. Videos won't load, unless I run in YouTube mode, download speeds are almost nothing, and even the podcast in the ITunes Store won't stream or download. It comes and goes. Like a some points of the day, it's fine. At other times, no dice. It's like anything streaming or downloading is just busted.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

You using some kind of TOR/onion routing? Other proxy/firewall/vpn?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I'm having this problem as well. Videos in the player are just super slow. I've switched down to SD video most of the time as it's the only way it's watchable. Switch to Youtube and the problem instantly goes away. Unfortunately that option isn't there for say MGS.

Using Firefox.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I've been seeing this issue as well. Seems to happen sporadically, sometimes I am able to download videos in a reasonable time, other times it tells me it'll take 10 to 20 hours. I hope this doesn't remain an issue through the all important GOTY week but with the amount of work time before then... I have my doubts.

The Top Men should fix this.