#1 Edited by BisonHero (6397 posts) -

Look, I know Dave, Alexis, and everybody just redesigned the whole dang website, but it strikes me as weird that they never got around to updating the store page properly. I'm not talking about a redesign or anything. I would settle for "Hey, let's just surgically remove the links to Worthy Causes and Semi-Worthy Cause because they don't go anywhere, and they make the store's menu seem idiotic". Surely that would take like 5 minutes?

And while I have everyone's attention, what's the story with the Giant Bomb store still selling the Tested shirt from the Whiskey Media days? Did CBSi just get all existing merch rights from Whiskey Media, or do the proceeds from every Tested shirt make their way over to Jamie & Adam's BermanBraun.tested.net.gov?

#2 Posted by Hunkulese (2694 posts) -

Why is there a store?

#3 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2666 posts) -

Why is there a store?

For mad sick Tee-shirts! Gutsta have my GB tees, son!

#4 Edited by CoolMac (7 posts) -

The store's got so little info. Can't even find an e-mail address.

Like, do they ship overseas? Do they restock on sold out items?

#5 Posted by BisonHero (6397 posts) -

@coolmac: Good questions. I think back in the Whiskey Media days, Daniel would be your guy to ask, though even then I think the contact info wasn't really in the store page and you had to PM him or he would give his email out in a thread like this.

As for asking your questions now, I think Dave would normally be the one to ask? Or I feel like I've heard them mention that Ryan is more involved in the "selling GB t-shirts" meetings more than any of the other GB editors?

#6 Posted by Kidavenger (3528 posts) -

Let them finish this mess before they move to anything else.

#7 Edited by Gaff (1708 posts) -
#8 Posted by Nightriff (4972 posts) -

I just want them to get more Hardcore Dave shirts so I can get one, can't fit into a XXL size

#9 Edited by CoolMac (7 posts) -

@bisonhero Thanks, duder. I'll check with Dave/Ryan. Surprised this hasn't been addressed by anyone else.

Yeah, the store was a hot mess even in the Whiskey Media days.

#10 Posted by RazielCuts (2943 posts) -

As any site that has a 'store' component I always find it off putting when that area is in no way the same style as the rest of the site, it always seems like an after thought add on (which it kind of was/is but it shouldn't look like that, looks like you're going into a new site entirely).

#11 Posted by BisonHero (6397 posts) -

As any site that has a 'store' component I always find it off putting when that area is in no way the same style as the rest of the site, it always seems like an after thought add on (which it kind of was/is but it shouldn't look like that, looks like you're going into a new site entirely).

I'm no web developer, but I'm guessing that GB's store (and also anything having to do with your subscription: https://auth.giantbomb.com/account/) must be built around some different framework that is more geared towards the monetary transactions that merchandise and subscriptions require. Given that both of those things look basically unchanged, whereas the news Sea Serpent version of Giant Bomb is dramatically different, I assume they are walled off to a certain extent from the main site, so that when the engineers fix some forum or wiki bug it doesn't screw up the part of the site that handles people's credit cards and PayPal.