#1 Edited by Demoskinos (13875 posts) -

So this is weird. I've been posting on a few topics here just a few minutes ago and every single time I get the red bar at the top that says "Whoops! somethings wrong!" like it didn't post but then if I refresh the page the server got my information and the post is there already. Anyone else getting this?

#2 Edited by Video_Game_King (34615 posts) -

Same here. I have to hit the button three times to get it to accept, but this results in double posts all over the place.

#3 Posted by TruthTellah (7667 posts) -

I'm gettin mad double posts in this piece. Tons uh "Whoop, der it is!" notices. System be straight trippin right naw.

Or something.

#4 Edited by TruthTellah (7667 posts) -

I'm gettin mad double posts in this piece. Tons uh "Whoop, der it is!" notices. System be straight trippin right naw.

Or something.

Edit: Look at di shiii right here. Riddick.

#6 Edited by Mento (2258 posts) -

Site's been particularly unstable today. I've been stressing about this new blog post, since every single image upload failed and publishing the blog itself redirected me to the Error 500 page (but still published itself anyway? I think?). I guess we just ride it out until the engineers wake up.

#7 Edited by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

I think its still posting if you get the error. I got it, refreshed, and my post was there. Forums have been shitty for me since the redesign though.

#8 Posted by Hailinel (22714 posts) -

It does post if you get the error, but there's no way to tell without refreshing the page. The same holds true if you try uploading an image while posting. You get an error stating that the upload failed, when it actually succeeded.

#9 Edited by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

@hailinel:

Yeah its pretty busted just providing some info for those that are double posting. Refresh before clicking again to avoid it.

#10 Edited by AURON570 (1666 posts) -

It just happened to me with blog posts. How do I delete blog posts? I have not written a blog since before the site revamp. Also did they get rid of the function to attach blogs to a specific forum?

#11 Edited by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Having the same problem as everyone else--getting an error when posting.

#12 Edited by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

Yeah, this happened to me earlier when I left a comment on a video and when I saved some changes to a list, but they still kept the comment/changes I made when I refreshed after the error popped up.

Edit: Error showed up again when I posted this but Giant Bomb took it anyway, let's see if it takes this edit.

Edit 2: Edit went well, no error message.

#13 Edited by Demoskinos (13875 posts) -

I'm gonna go ahead and assume Alexis and crew will figure out that shit is broken for us but.... I'm going to go ahead and tag them here just in case.... @idbloc @alexisg @ltsquigs

#14 Edited by TruthTellah (7667 posts) -

Hey Dave, site's... oh. :(

#15 Posted by kkotd (272 posts) -

Ok, what do we have to give Dave to miracle grow his child so he can come back to the site? :P I'm sure the guys will fix it by Monday.

#16 Posted by Yummylee (20582 posts) -

Same thing is happening with wiki edits, too.

#17 Posted by Mirado (948 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

Oh man. Oh man.

Fuck.

#18 Posted by GTCknight (555 posts) -

I guess from having read this they still haven't fixed it yet? I don't usually make posts all that often, but now I'm wondering just how often does this happen now days?

#19 Posted by TruthTellah (7667 posts) -

Not sure if it's related, but I just realized that I also haven't gotten any notifications in over 12 hours. But I can clearly find posts where people have replied to me. Like the one right above me which I was never notified about.

Anyone else having this issue as well?

#20 Edited by GTCknight (555 posts) -

@truthtellah: I've been noticing that happening to me too.

#21 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

@mirado said:

@truthtellah said:

Oh man. Oh man.

Fuck.

The end is nigh.

#22 Posted by Bollard (5027 posts) -

I get errors on image uploads all the time, but they go through anyway. And now I posted a blog and it gave me a 500 error, even though it actually posted it, so now it's triple posted. Also it's stopping me from attaching it to any forums.

#23 Posted by pyromagnestir (3962 posts) -

@truthtellah:

Don't know what you're talking about. Heh heh.

I do know what you're talking about. But because you won't get a notification you'll never know I know. You know?

@mirado said:

@truthtellah said:

Oh man. Oh man.

Fuck.

The end is nigh.

"Hey Alexis, site's fucked." just doesn't have the same ring to it.

#24 Posted by SSully (4060 posts) -

Yup, I get the same error. Also deleting posts don't actually show as deleted until you refresh the page, usually it will tell you if it was successful or not.

#25 Posted by Hunter5024 (5175 posts) -

Not sure if it's related, but I just realized that I also haven't gotten any notifications in over 12 hours. But I can clearly find posts where people have replied to me. Like the one right above me which I was never notified about.

I've had this all day as well. It's irritating, how am I supposed to validate my existence if I can't tell that people are reading and discussing what I say! Although this is a giant opportunity to tell a user to go fuck themselves straight to their face with no repercussions!

#26 Posted by Demoskinos (13875 posts) -
@truthtellah said:

I've had this all day as well. It's irritating, how am I supposed to validate my existence if I can't tell that people are reading and discussing what I say! Although this is a giant opportunity to tell a user to go fuck themselves straight to their face with no repercussions!

Hey, fuck you. ;D