#1 Edited by Halberdierv2 (1877 posts) -

Maybe I don't see it on the pages anymore since the update because it was moved, bit it seems that you can no longer add any articles to lists anymore from the actual page. is that intentional or an oversight, or am I simply not looking in the right area on the page?

#3 Posted by Marino (4766 posts) -

Maybe I don't see it on the pages anymore since the update because it was moved, bit it seems that you can no longer add any articles to lists anymore from the actual page. is that intentional or an oversight, or am I simply not looking in the right area on the page?

It was removed. It may return, but probably not soon. Lists are largely broken right now anyway.

Staff
#4 Edited by bobafettjm (1475 posts) -

This is the feature that I miss the most by far. I really hope it comes back.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

The question I have is if lists are going to be fixed at all in the near future. People have been clamoring for that since the launch of the redesign.

#6 Edited by Marino (4766 posts) -

@hailinel said:

The question I have is if lists are going to be fixed at all in the near future. People have been clamoring for that since the launch of the redesign.

The engineers have mostly moved on to the redesign of Gamespot and GameFAQs at this point. So, it's unlikely that it will be fixed any time soon.

Staff
#7 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@marino said:

@hailinel said:

The engineers have mostly moved on to the redesign of Gamespot and GameFAQs at this point. So, it's unlikely that it will be fixed any time soon.

Wow, so it's pretty much GameSpot circa 2003. Upgrade things, break things, leave them broken until the next redesign.

Fantastic.

#8 Edited by Eirikr (1010 posts) -

That's a huge bummer. Without that feature, it's made adding to large lists a real pain. Overall, the wiki has been a lot less enjoyable to use since the redesign thanks to general brokenness and missing features like this that were taken for granted before.

#9 Edited by Jeff (3671 posts) -

We talked about lists in the weekly priority meeting a little while ago, I'll see about getting a status update. The entire list system is going to get rebuilt as part of the GameSpot redesign, so it's likely that those changes will roll out onto Giant Bomb, as well.

Staff Online
#10 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@jeff: Thanks for letting us know!

#11 Posted by mrpibb (467 posts) -

hey dudes

jumping in a bit late. Lists should get fixed in the next 2-3 weeks. We had to change around a fair portion of the db interaction to make sure it's working properly.

#12 Posted by Mento (2810 posts) -

Is it weird I've written 90+ lists and never used a page's "add to list" feature when it was around? I suppose it's better suited for wish lists and other general purposes.

But yeah, I'm glad to hear the whole list system is getting rebuilt. It's had a whole range of problems since the redesign. If I can make a suggestion, would it be possible to make the text area of each item not link to the item's page when clicked? Writing lists on the old site, a lot of people included external links in those areas (and some even embedded videos; still not entirely sure how they did that) and none of those links are accessible right now.

Moderator Online
#13 Edited by bobafettjm (1475 posts) -

Just noticed that the add to list button is back! Thank you!

#14 Posted by Jeust (10863 posts) -

List's still broken though. Can't save them.